Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner October 2024 Staffordshire

Wedding dress shopping

Jess, 31 of August of 2023 at 11:31 Posted on Wedding Attire 1 7
Who did you take with you to go wedding dress shopping?

7 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 10 of September of 2023 at 17:44
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I took my Mum and one of my Maid of Honours (the other lives 4hrs away, so the MoH that came was keeping the other one updated with pics and comments throughout the day).
    I think you need to take who you want to take but also people who will be helpful and honest & who you feel completely comfortable with. There’s also no requirement to take anyone if you want to go on your own, I just knew I would have been too overwhelmed to do it on my own. It was a draining day but ultimately quite fun, and I knew instinctively that those two were the right people to take with me.

Who are you thinking of/debating taking?
  • L
    Curious February 2024 East London
    Lisacarmel ·
    • Hide content
    I went twice first time with mum, which I felt had to be done and she loved it but did confirm that we have very different taste 😂

Second time I took MOH which was more successful and tbh she was much more helpful.
    I did feel like with more people there would have been too many opinions and nobody would ever agree so always wanted to keep it small.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I went with a close friend, but found that she and the sales lady were way too pushy, trying to persuade me to get a dress that was fancier than I wanted and 'not me'. So when I bought my dress, I did it with no input from anyone!

• Emma
    Curious April 2024 South Yorkshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content

I took my mum, my teenage niece/bridesmaid and my sister in law (as she's a chatter & good at communicating what I was after). If you're not confident with sales talk, I'd recommend taking an extrovert like this with you.

I wouldn't take more that that as too many opinions can be overwhelming! Plus some of the shops only had 2 chairs set up for guests!

• Alex
    Curious July 2024 Kent
    Alex ·
    • Hide content
    I did a rotation, first bridal shop near my maid of honour in Exeter, second with mum and sister, third with bridesmaid closer to home. I had no idea where to start and couldn’t handle multiple shops in one day! I have to say as lovely as it was trying stuff on with my mum and sister I realised my sister especially had radically different ideas of what suits me! My friends both spotted my dress online separately and said they thought it was me (I’d also seen it and had the same thought) so final shop was picked to try that dress specifically which was perfect, in my size and on sale!
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Hey!

First time I took my mother and best friend - I felt like it was A LOT! I really didn’t enjoy the experience myself and found it really overwhelming.
    The second time I was planning on going on my own which I was completely okay with. I felt bad to invite anybody else with me other than my best friend and mother but I just really didn’t enjoy that first experience. So the second time, somebody I work with wouldn’t let me go on my own and came with it. I actually had the best time - she gave so many suggestions and really hyped me up without forcing too much on me of what she thinks I may or may not like because she was just a mutual friend, it was great and I really enjoyed it, I actually ended up finding my dress and she couldn’t stop crying 😂
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    I took My Mum, sister and Mil. 3 woman I care about but I would always take my mums opinion over all 3! Luckily the dress I fell in love with all 3 loved but even if they didn’t I would have still taken it. I picked my dress up on Monday 4 months earlier than expected and I took just my mum and it was the best experience all round on both occasions!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics