Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner May 2013

Wedding Dress Shopping at the Trafford Centre

Carbs79, 28 February, 2013 at 12:26 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to the manchester trafford centre with some friends this weekend to look at wedding dresses.

Does anyone know if the Monsoon there stocks wedding dresses? I'm planning to head to Debenhams and Bhs but does anyone have any suggestions of other places in the trafford centre?

Thanks x

6 replies

Latest activity by SM2014, 28 February, 2013 at 20:29
  • S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sam12345 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Not sure about monsoon sorry, bhs only has a small bridal section but I wandered round Debenhams and found loads of lovely stuff at weekend. John Lewis is ok as well and it's always worth popping in Dorothy Perkins (if its still there) if your looking for BM dresses.

Good luck weekend shopping in the Trafford Centre (it gets very busy).

The Wedding Fayre is on at Event City (over the road from it) on 16th March I think.

X

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

The Monsoon has a whole floor dedicated to its wedding/formal stuff (well, it did the last time I looked there).

Debenhams and BHS are pretty limited.

There is a massive John Lewis which would be worth a look (Phase Eight etc). Also, Selfridges might be nice (but not sure on their wedding provision).

If I'm honest, Manchester City Centre would offer you far more choice.

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    Carbs79 ·
    • Hide content

Manchester city centre wasn't great last week, nothing in Debenhams or BHS or Selfridges that's why I was planning to hit the traf for a second try. Think I have my heart set on one in Monsoon anyway but I've only tried a couple so I think I should widen the net!

Thanks for the help x

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried in any dedicated wedding dress shops? Or are you not keen on that idea? I know towards the Northern Quarter/Ancoats area, there are a few independents who will make bespoke at not outrageous prices.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I went to the Manchester city centre House of Fraser to try on and order my Phase Eight dress- good luck with your search!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

In the City Centre Arndale there is a Berketex Brides, as well as Pronuptia where I eventually got my dress. I found the Traff Centre useless when I was looking.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SM2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I went into Monsoon there yesterday and there was maybe 5 or 6 dresses, plus lots of accessories. A couple of them were really lovely.

The new Coast in there had a couple too when I looked last week (I need to stop going to often hehe)

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics