Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner April 2025 West Sussex

Wedding Dress Shops

Claire, 14 of July of 2023 at 20:39 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 2
Hi all, probably like most I'm getting into the stages of thinking about gowns, for our wedding as it is split between UK (traditional) and Vegas (anything goes) i am stuck, I would love a black dress but don't know where to start with designers. Can't anyone recommend some shops around the South East or London?

2 replies

Latest activity by Dee, 7 of August of 2023 at 12:20
  • Valyria
    Savvy October 2026 West Sussex
    Valyria ·
    • Hide content

Hi Claire,

I have somewhat extensive knowledge in this having been through all this myself. there is a shop in London that sells alternative wedding dresses (which includes black dresses) called 'Fairy goth mother' which I believe is in Lewisham.

Designers who carry Black wedding dresses are Louise Bentley and Lou Lou bridal as well as some Austrailian designers but the imports are stupidly priced.

Just a heads up, Black wedding dresses are a lot more expensive than white dresses. for example; Louise Bentley's start st 2.5K and only go up if you want any alterations in design. there is also a place in Ashford Kent that stocks Louise Bentley dresses but the name escapes me right now.

It depends I think if you want an actual Black wedding dress or just a black occasion dress that looks more like a prom dress.

Hope this helps and good luck hunting Smiley smile

• D
    East Central London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content

Hey Claire,

I would recommend David's Bridal Stratford. I bring all my clients there, however unfortunately, they are closing at the end of this month. They don't have black bridal gowns anymore but they have black veils. They also have great black special occasion dresses that people have worn as bridal gowns. These are the prices for their closing down sale.

Wedding Dress Shops 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics