Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2016

Wedding Dress shops in London that don't charge for weekend appointments

StefyM, 23 of May of 2015 at 08:51 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello,

I am new here but I am quite stuck. I usually work a 6 day week and I have managed to take a Saturday off to go try on Wedding dresses but a lot of shops in London charge for weekend appointments.

I don't mind paying for one or 2 shops but that's my max. I still want to try and find a couple that don't charge just so I have enough options.

Also can anyone recommend any good ones? I am looking into Pronovias and London Bride UK which you have to pay for but not sure what other good ones there are really. I don't have a super high budget though.

Thank you Smiley smile

8 replies

Latest activity by Sam&Louise, 26 of May of 2015 at 12:24
  • MrsWallaceToBe
    Beginner August 2016
    MrsWallaceToBe ·
    • Hide content

I went to London Bride last year with my friend who I was bridesmaid for and she bought her dress from there.

I booked an appointment for next month with London Bride.. when they said I have to pay a fee which would be deducted off the dress should I buy it there, I asked if it was really necessary as the other 10 shops I have appointments with do not charge. I said I wasn't sure if I'd be buying from there or not as it would depend if I found the ONE. I mentioned I went there with my friend last year and really wanted to see what they had to offer.

They emailed me back and said that as I was recommended by someone they were happy to waive the consultation fee.. they didn't ask any of my friends details either. Maybe you should try saying the same thing LOL

• Future MrsMach
    Beginner August 2015
    Future MrsMach ·
    • Hide content

Mirror mirror in angel is good and has quite a few Pronovias dresses and Blackburn dress shop is Blackheath is also supposed to be really good

• G
    Beginner August 2015
    GoldenIvory2015 ·
    • Hide content

I've never heard of paying for an appointment. As if we don't have enough outgoings in the lead up to a wedding! Where abouts in London are you based. North or South?

• Samiire
    Beginner May 2015
    Samiire ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my dress from Gillian Roberts Bridal which is in Eltham. I had a few Saturday appointments with them and they don't charge a fee. The were all so lovely, especially Sharon if you can book an appointment with her!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I've hears of places charging before, but always assumed it would be refunded at the appointment and not only if you actually bought something from there. What a cheek! ?

I can kind of understand why they do it, as the amount of no-shows must be horrendous and at this time of year every appointment missed is them potentially losing out on someone buying a £1k+ dress. So charging a fee puts off anyone who's not serious about the appointment. Trouble is, it also puts off people that are!

As far as I know Davids bridal don't charge for appointments. One of our past brides bought from there and couldn't speak highly enough of them.

• MrsWallaceToBe
    Beginner August 2016
    MrsWallaceToBe ·
    • Hide content

Sam&Louise is right that Davids Bridal (Stratford Westfields) don't charge for appointments as I have one booked there.

Apart from London Bride and Davids Bridal, the rest of my appointments are in Essex - none of these are charging a fee.

If OP is willing to travel a little bit further, a couple of them you can catch the district line to..

Brenda Lorraine in Elm Park

Couture Bride and Groom in Hornchurch

• S
    Beginner May 2016
    StefyM ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for the suggestions everyone Smiley smile I will give the ones a few of you recommended a go.

GoldenIvory2015; I know right?! I'm not in London, i'm in Surrey so we are going to London for the day to look at dresses.

I am just so shocked that they charge but like Sam&Louise said, I can understand why.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    mkw ·
    • Hide content

If you're in Surrey have you tried Miss Bush in Ripley? I've got an appointment booked there this week and have heard loads of good things about them - I am doing most of my shopping in London where I live, but will be travelling out to Surrey to go there. I've not been charged for my appointment, but it's during the week so not sure what happens with weekends. I don't know what your working hours are, but maybe if it's close enough you could go on a weekday?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wooo just got a little excited about seeing someone else from my neck of the woods on here Smiley laugh

Hope you manage to find a few within the same area OP so that you can make a real day of it. Dress shopping can become a real chore when things like this crop up, but don't let it put you off ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics