Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2011

Wedding Dress Shops in the North West/ Manchester area - RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED

blueeyedgirl, 20 July, 2010 at 09:17 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hey

I have been to 4 shops now;

• Stellas wedding dresses - awful experience!
  • Timeless brides - fantastic but just didnt see 'the one'
  • Nancy jane brides - Saw a possible, nice big shop
  • Sense and sensibility - disappointing

Starting to get a bit of snowblindness now and frustrated! I am a size 16 and some shops seem to hardly have anything for me to try on - I always ask before but they say they have a good range and then I get there and they are mostly size 8's - a waste of time for everyone! Also the shops seem to be all the same style dresses - strapless - where I want to try on slightly different ones with sleeves already on the dress not ones sewn on as they keep going on about!

Any ideas ladies? Started to get fed up now and just wanna find a dress!

S xx

7 replies

Latest activity by Steph/Andy, 22 November, 2010 at 21:36
  • M
    Beginner October 2010
    mrsmiller2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I live in the North West and went to the following bridal shops;

Candystripe Couture - Latchford, Warrington - the dress were in quite small sizes but the staff couldn't do enough for you, I went twice looking at wedding dresses and once for BM dresses and they were really helpful everytime, picking out dresses they thought would suit etc
    Hancock and Wood - Warrington Town Centre - the staff weren't overly helpful however the dresses were in a bigger range of sizes
    Confetti Box - Eccles - I went here looking for BM dresses (and eventually bought them from here) however they looked to have a good range of wedding dresses in different styles, not sure about the sizes though
    Special Daze - Widnes Town Centre - I went here looking for BM dreses but wasn't overly impressed, the staff didn't seem interested and left you to your own devices
    Bethany Hannah - Stockton Heath, Warrington - this is where i bought my wedding dress from, the staff were fab. Not sure about variety of sizes, however they had a good variety of styles
    Orchid Bridal Lounge - Culcheth, Warrington - small shop, however you get 1 on 1 attention from the owner, dresses were lovely however quite expensive, from what I can remember most seemed to be strapless styles though
    Beryl Cotton - Warringto Town Centre - good variety of Alfred Angelo dresses most available in 14+ sizea

Hope that's helped you a bit. Where in the North West are you from? x

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Looks like u have been busy too - thanks!

I live in South Manchester, Withington. Dont mind travelling for a good shop but its just seems so hit and miss!

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

There's a couple in Altrincham that I pass daily on my way to work, one on Goose Green, which my friend got her wedding dress from and said they were fab. One behind M&S and one just past Cresta Court Hotel going towards Sale. Might be worth a trip here.

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Leabee28 ·
    • Hide content

If you havent found your dress yet have a look at bride be lovely in warrington it isnt in the town centre and I didnt have a clue about it!! someone who me my mum and gran bumped into when dress shopping told us about it we popped over and I found the one lovely little shop Smiley smile xx

• Sophie(B2Bsept11)
    Beginner October 2011
    Sophie(B2Bsept11) ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

i was in the same dilema, didn't want a strapless dress and they kept saying they could add them on, but wasn't convinced,

I found mine in Orchid Bridal Lounge, but stumbled upon it as I didn't even have a appointment, but she was so lovely and couldn't of done anymore for me, so much so I found my BM dress as well.

Others i tried were 1 in Goose Green in Altrincham, nice and helpful, good size collection. Lace in Hale, very expensive and not a huge collection. Pronuptia in Altrincham, they had a few, again good sizes. Chester- went to alot of shops there, all were great but just didn't find the one. If you fancy a day trip out I would recommend Chester, nice city and day out even if you don't find 'The One' youwon't feel like you've wasted a day.

Good Luck. I tried on over 60 dresses but I found mine, so never give up hope.

• Snuggle-bum
    Beginner July 2011
    Snuggle-bum ·
    • Hide content

Sense & Sensibility in great moor??

I'm getting my dress from there and they have been nothing but fantastic with me!!

I'm a size 14 and could get in the smaller dress's quite okay so you being a size bigger i wouldn't have thought been a problem.

• S
    Beginner April 2011
    Steph/Andy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I work in Altrincham and got my dress from the one in Goose Green its called "Cheshire Bridal Wear" I fully recommend them! The one behind M&S is called The Bridal Path my friend got her dress from there and said they were great. Theres also Pronuptia in Altrincham we have ordered our suits from there and their very helpful!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics