Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Wedding dress shops in West Midlands

29 March, 2012 at 21:39 Posted on Planning 0 23

Any one got any recommendations for dress shops around west mids? I'm in Solihull and been in most ones round here so need some new ones to look at!

Thanks

23 replies

Latest activity by mrsgreatbatch2b, 6 April, 2012 at 23:35
  • MrsP2012
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsP2012 ·
    • Hide content

I can recommend a couple in Telford, bout 45min to hours drive. If thats any help...

KT Bridal www.ktbridal.co.uk

&

Something old Something New in Albrighton Nr Wolverhampton, this is where my dress is from....She only does reasonably priced dresses mainly under £1000. Mine was a bargin at £395 :-)

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Lisa's Bridalwear on Warwick Rd, Solihull. Jenny there got me to try sthg on that I was sure was too fussy but I loved once on and bought. Nice people.

Other shops I went in were:

Solihull Brides (or whatever it's called in the centre) - no appointments, too many people, dresses hard to see, assistants not that interested.

Coventry centre: shop at top of Spon Street - nice, but nothing I liked. shop at bottom of Spon Street - useless, didn't listen to what I wanted and put me in a dress that made me look like a pregnant dolphin.

North Coventry: shop in Holbrooks (really can't remember the name but it was on DTTB recently) that didn't have much and were unhelpful.

Studley: Stella Liliana - very nice, very expensive. Nothing that I wanted (thank goodness) but lovely staff. Plus a smaller shop in the area that had lots of lower cost dresses inc the Romantica range, but nothing I liked, and another place in the garden centre complex near Studley that had great priced dresses, but again, nothing quite what I was looking for.

I didn't look in the uber-expensive place on Warwick Rd, Solihull (Maureen Myring Kesterton) since I didn't want a huge dress, and I think they are expensive anyway. If you want me to actually remember what any of the above are called, I'll try, but depends which side of Solihull you live as to whether you'd rather head towards Birmingham or away. I lived in Coventry when dress hunting, but worked in Solihull, and now live in the middle of nowhere between the 2!

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

Stella Lilliana in Studley was fantastic! If i hadnt gone to Kent with my mum, my dress would have come from them. They are really lovely and helpful and HONEST, which was one of my favourite things about dress shopping there!

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

I didnt look at many of the prices, but most I liked were around £995, but some were quite high end prices. It's always worth a look

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    lydeep ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have been surprised at the awful service I have had in some shops in the west midlands area. The ones I have found to have excellent service are Georgina Scott in Stourbridge and Formal Elegance in Cannock.

They both have websites so you can see which designers they have in stock.

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

This is a great help haha!! I wanted to know of where to start my dress shopping & will take on everyone's suggestions here ? - Had seen Stella Liliana are having a Ben Roberts day on 27th April - if anyone was interested? I have seen a beautiful Ben Roberts dress online that I wanna try on so was gonna do it on that day so if I did fall in love with it - I'd at least get it cheaper! Way out of my budget really though, it will mean a lot of overtime!

• A
    Beginner April 2013
    April13bride ·
    • Hide content

Dream Days in Dudley has some lovely dresses and very reasonably priced

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

No, the Bridal Gallery was one in Coventry I went to first time round when I married before, and I wasn't impressed. If I remember rightly the one at the top of Spon Street in a higgledy piggledy building was the nice one - Wedding Gowns By Susan I tihnk - very hard to find. Nice, but the old-ish owner did fawn over me a bit. Still, she didn't put me in anything vile, and I liked the shop. The one that made me look pregnant in a weird creation was Propsals Bridal Studio - loads of traditional dresses but they got a bit stumped when trying to find sthg that fit what I wanted.

You really need to keep trying Lisa's. If Lisa or Jenny is in, they really know their stuff. I went in saying what I wanted (chiffon, floaty but loads of material, not thin so it could be mistaken for a nightie in a posh 1940s Hollywood movie, something for the beach but very bridal) and Jenny pulled out something that looked like nothing - a heap of material that looked shapeless and just, well, too much "stuff". Until I put it on, and it was amazing. Tried on about 8 dresses there, all suggested by the staff and had the place to myself for about 90mins. Maybe phone up and see when they do have available, and make yourself available the same day if you can, even if it's a few weeks in advance? It would be worth half a day off work if you can manage that Smiley smile. Dresses in there cost from about £500 - £1400. Mine was just over £1k and I was given a free BM dress worth £200 and negotiated fixed rate for alterations regardless of how much they need to do.

• *AJS*
    Beginner December 2012
    *AJS* ·
    • Hide content

The shop in Holbrooks, Coventry is called Special Occasions. I bought my dress from there last weekend. I thought the women were lovely and they gave me a good discount! They had some lovely dresses.

• A
    Beginner December 2012
    Angel Wings ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I can personally recommend Georgina Scott Bridal in Stourbridge , i'm having my dress from there and my two bridesmaids' dresses.Excellant professional service very friendly staff ?

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

Lisa'S bridal on Warwick road was lovely she was lovely! And true romantica Warwick row in kenolworth was really good to the lady was sooo nice and really helpful! I don't know if I'm allowed to bad mouth but one of the dress shops in Coventry the woman was really rude an I'd avoid! Lol!

• V
    Beginner March 2013
    vicki1180_0 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is from White Rose in Rugeley. Lovely shop, lovely dress, lovely people. The other bridal shop in the same town is not so good. I'd steer clear. Bad service, snotty staff. X

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

Jane Heggie of Formal Elegance in Cannock is great.

Here is a link to her site:

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

I can highly recommend Merryhill Brides in brierly hill, I had to travel quite a distance to get there but the service is impecable, the 2 ladies who work there cant do enough for you. ?

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    lydeep ·
    • Hide content

I can second vicki1180_0 post about the second bridal shop in rugeley. I went in there on my own to see if they had what I wanted to then bring my mom along to try them on if they had what I was looking for and the way that they spoke to me in the shop nearly brought me to tears (and I am usually a tough cookie). 2 of the staff I spoke to in there even looked at my hand to check I had an engagement ring on!!! I wasn't even allowed to look at the dresses!!!

I can't understand why some shops think they can be like that with customers!!

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    Sara2beHarris ·
    • Hide content

I have just brought my Wedding dress from Stella Liliana it was only £450. Its chiffon floaty style and not a sale dress. I am so excited!

• J
    Beginner October 2012
    jenniekinloch ·
    • Hide content

Formal Elegance in Cannock are pretty good, but if you're coming over this way to look then you must go to Bridgtown Brides - they can't do enough for you. I've ordered mine from them, recommended them to a friend of a friend and she's also had hers from them. Good luck!

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

Wow MrsP2012, that’s the same shop I got mine for £400! Didn’t think there were any other Shropshire/Telford brides! I’ve got my main fitting in 2 weeks, and she’s coming out to me on the day of the wedding to help get me into the dress! I personally didn’t think much of KT Bridal, her range was a bit samey and she didn’t really advise. My fave in Telford was Wedding World, she was nice and honest, but her cheaper dresses were a bit meh. Champagne and Roses really gave me the hard sell on a dress that wasn’t really me, Shropshire Country Brides on the way to Much Wenlock is beautiful but I went to my appointment on my own with my son and I was IGNORED for half an hour while I shoehorned myself into dresses by myself. Simply Brides in Wellington I was virtually booted out of as their main dress range was out of my price bracket and I was ‘obviously’ too small to even try on any of the sale dresses. I found it a shocking experience overall, service-wise.

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

Lisa's Bridal is having a huge sale tomorrow if you were interested!

• Carolanne83
    Beginner March 2013
    Carolanne83 ·
    • Hide content

I got my dress from a shop called White Lace in Coleshill which isn't far from Solihull, i went without an appointment and the staff were really helpful, i got a Maggie Sotterro dress for £700 they had a 20% off sale. I would definately recommend it x

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Throughly recommend Beautiful Dreamer in Erdington. Myself, sister and several friends have had their dresses and bridesmaid dresses from there with no problems. Family business and lovely ladies.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics