Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Wedding Dress Timescales???

sjgr, 20 February, 2011 at 21:04 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi All

I went to a wedding fayre today having only chosen my date and venue last week (hoping for 5 November 2011) and was unerved as several of the wedding dress stands said I was really cutting it fine having not chosen a dress yet! I hope to get dates etc all firmed up this week and then start my wedding dress hunt with the hope of finding something in a few weeks, is this really too late?

S

4 replies

Latest activity by May2be, 20 February, 2011 at 21:24
  • Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm getting married late December and not found my dress yet either! I have been told to allow 6-7 months from placing the order to getting the dress in, allowing time for fittings etc. So as long as you find one soon ish (say by end of March) you should be fine! Also there is the option of buying a sample dress in a shop or even going on the high street. I am dress shopping next weekend and can't wait - tried some on a few weeks back and it helped me narrow down the styles i liked and those that didn't suit me, so i definitely have a clearer idea now of what i want!

H x

• massuch
    Beginner July 2011
    massuch ·
    • Hide content

Usually takes 4-6 months for dresses to be made. I ordered mine in November, supposed to be here beginning April and get married July. You also though need to allow for time after you get it to have alterations done. So if you find something in say March then you should be ok.

Just get shopping, it's so much fun. x

• A
    Beginner June 2011
    Anne! ·
    • Hide content

Um no in my opinion I would say you have plenty of time (I only started looking at around 6 months to go), people were saying that to me so I challenged them and asked how long it takes to order the dress. It really depends on the designer of the dress the longest I found was about 4 months to make it, then they like to have enough time to fit it so at a push 6 months (I found) was the longest.

x

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

My engagement has only been nine months and I had no trouble getting a dress! I also heard the same from various parties about cutting it fine. I ordered my dress with 8 months to go, and in the end it only took 3 months to make.

You'll be fine ?

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

My bridal shop said I had to allow 6-8 months as it can take 4-6 months for the dress to come in and then a further 2-6 weeks for alterations. However, I do know a bridal shop that said 4-6 months total and the designer that they carried could make a dress within 6 weeks for an additional £100 fee and then 2-3 weeks for alterations would be needed on top of that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics