Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner January 2010

Wedding Dress too long is that ok?

mauvemazvita, 5 May, 2011 at 17:39 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi there!

Am now a bit confused, my dress has no train and is rather long so it sweeps the floor, is that normal or I need to have it shortened? Also then how does my chief brides maid help me so it doesn't drag as think she might get backache? Sorry, sounds silly. The dress is traditional big fairytale. Thanks in advance.

4 replies

Latest activity by stripeyrache, 6 May, 2011 at 19:25
  • O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

If it drags on the floor at the front won't you trip ? What did the people in the shop say ? Do you have a picture ?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

If there's no train, there's nothing for your bridesmaid to hold up, so there's no need for her to bend down and pick it up if you see what I mean. Bridesmaids only hold up a train if there is one to hold!

Have you tried walking in your dress? If you can do it easily then there's no problem. If it gets in your way, it needs shortening. Simple! Smiley smile

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

The hem of the dress should sit just on your shoes at the bottom, thats what my seamstress told me Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner January 2010
    mauvemazvita ·
    • Hide content

Thank you people. That's useful. I'll have it shortened.

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

My dress was trainless too and also too long. My seamstress shortened it at the front only (so I didn't trip on it!) but left it at the back so it had a little duster train.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics