Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Savvy August 2023 Co Londonderry

Wedding dress. what to do

Katherine, 19 of August of 2022 at 13:28 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 5

So, i have a dress ordered. almost finished paying off.

i was on my own when i went. my bff then came with me to shop so she could see me in my dress. she loved it too. she took a few pics of me in it. ever since i saw them its left me worried that its not the right dress and im really anxious now that i wont love it once it arrives.

to add to that, a new bridal shop opened a few months back and has appeared in my fb feed. ive seen the most stunning dress on their page (i know iknow i shouldnt have looked) and now i cant stop thinking about that dress. any advice? am i just panicking over nothing? feel so silly.

5 replies

Latest activity by Katherine, 21 of August of 2022 at 15:18
  • Michelle
    Savvy June 2023 Worcestershire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content

Hi Katherine, just saw your comment on my thread and thought I'd better give yours a read!

Seems like this is a lot more common than we're made to believe, it's such a big decision after all!

I'm exactly the same, I liked loads of bridal stores before getting my dress and now they keep popping up with gorgeous dresses and it just makes you think what if! But what I keep telling myself now is, you could probably do that forever when looking for your wedding dress!

I think the main thing is trying to keep calm until trying on your dress once it arrives, then it'll be in the correct size and they'll fit it to your body, and can do any alterations to style etc if there's any tweaks you decide you do want. That's what i've been telling myself anyway!

Hopefully you feel better knowing you're not the only one, I know I do! I'm sure it'll be fine and we're both just overthinking Smiley smile

xx

• Michelle
    Savvy June 2023 Worcestershire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content

Hi Katherine, just saw your comment on my thread and thought I'd better give yours a read!

Seems like this is a lot more common than we're made to believe, it's such a big decision after all!

I'm exactly the same, I liked loads of bridal stores before getting my dress and now they keep popping up with gorgeous dresses and it just makes you think what if! But what I keep telling myself now is, you could probably do that forever when looking for your wedding dress!

I think the main thing is trying to keep calm until trying on your dress once it arrives, then it'll be in the correct size and they'll fit it to your body, and can do any alterations to style etc if there's any tweaks you decide you do want. That's what i've been telling myself anyway!

Hopefully you feel better knowing you're not the only one, I know I do! I'm sure it'll be fine and we're both just overthinking Smiley smile

xx

• K
    Katherine ·
    • Hide content

Aww thanks lol.

yea kind of glad its not just me! Hoping it will all be grand once my dress arrives and i get trying it on properly. fingers crossed lol!

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I had similar doings but once it arrives and was in correct size aneni tried on with my shoes and veil I knew it was the right one. If nis easy to doubt yourself and there will always be others but you have to trust in yourself and the decision so wait and see and IF you really don't like it then look again, you can always try and sell on the other one, but I am confident you won't need to x
  • K
    Katherine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for reply. ive calmed since thankfully.

i also remembered my bff asked us i fwe thought she looked fat in her dress after seeing photos we took of her trying it on. (she def doesnt, pretty much perfect bar a few tweaks needed round the boob area. jammy bish lol)

ive found shoes i think i want and by the time my dress is in i will have dropped bodyfat too. everything crossed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics