Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner June 2012

Wedding dress wobbles

pink_tink, 21 January, 2012 at 21:22 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all,

I`m not sure what to do. I`ve had wedding dress wobbles since I paid my 50% deposit last year for my dress. I went back and tried it back on and was reassured.

However, that was over 6 months ago, it's not due in the shop until March but I`m still worrying about it and the picture on the internet puts me off even more.

I`ve been wedding dress shopping since with my friend and, without meaning to look, have seen loads of dresses I like...

I just wanted to know if anyone else felt worried about their dress before hand?

Thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by Sarah-March-2013, 22 January, 2012 at 08:53
  • B
    Beginner April 2012
    Brimbletobe ·
    • Hide content

Try and concentrate on the bits you liked about your dress in the first place - there are so many beautiful dresses around but that doesn't mean yours is any less beautiful. And March is not too long to wait now. If it comes and you don't like something about it, there's a lot you can do (depending on the style of dress obviously) to change subtle things so try not to worry too much.

• G
    Beginner December 2012
    Gemicle ·
    • Hide content

I really had to think twice about posting this but i hope it helps (not hinders).

This happened to me, i bought mine at a wedding fair on sale, and thought it was the one. When I went to get it a month later, i did not get the reaction I was expecting. Long story short I went to a few other shops and started shopping all over again, I found another dress we all liked, it was totally different, but this time i was determined to sleep on it. I tried on the original dress the day after and knew I loved it, it was my mum and nans reaction that had put me off.

In the process I found 'swoon' which is a shop that will sell your dress for you (in surrey). Whatever you decide make sure you love your dress enough to wear it no matter what anyone else thinks!

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

I would try to put it to the back of your mind until it comes in and you can try it on again - I really think if you loved it then you'll love it again Smiley smile So many people have the wobbles and it all works out!

The pictures on the interent never quite do them justice so I wouldn't base it on that.

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    PhoenixAngelic ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if this will help but the picture I can find online of my dress is really not great and I wouldn't have chosen it from that. It looks so much more beautiful in the flesh and I have to keep reminding myself that the picture isn't how it will be on me. Mine is still at the shop, I don't have it here to go back to for reassurance, and I have had a few wobbles. I have even gone as far as continuing to try others on, some of which have been absolutely stunning.

But none of them gave me (or anyone else) that 'wow' moment and I must concentrate on that.

The one I have chosen is 'the one' and will remain 'the one'. And hopefully because it doesn't look so good online, hardly anyone else will have one! hehehehehe

Hang in there. Chances are in March when you get to try yours on you will fall head over heels in love with it again and this will just be a horrid but distant memory.

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry! I was the same a few months ago. I loved my dress when I found it in my hometown. Then I came back to where OH and I live and I started to have doubts. I kept thinking about a dress I tried on here and wondering if that was more me. The pictures on the internet still made my dress look lovely but it was of course a size 4 model in it - I'm a 14! Plus, the picture of myself in my dress didn't help because the one I tried on was bright white and I ordered ivory. I spent many days and nights worrying. Then I picked up my dress at Christmas and wondered why I was ever worried. It is perfect and so me. It's a big decision and one that we look forward to making for a long time so it's not surprising to be unsure. Wait until you pick it up and if it doesn't feel right. Then see about finding something different. Also, stop looking at other dresses! I love wedding dresses and have seen so many more that I have liked or even loved. But my dress is the right one so I forced myself to stop even browsing for fun. It only makes the doubts worse!

• Sarah-March-2013
    Beginner March 2013
    Sarah-March-2013 ·
    • Hide content

Aww I'm pretty much the same as you. When we set the date I went dress shopping before we'd even told family. I bought the second dress I tried, because my budget was tiny and I got £140 off and free alterations if I bought the sample one in the shop. Since then I've gone back and forward loving/hating it. My sisters reaction was underwhelming which freaked me out! But I'd paid £350 (half) on the day so there wasn't much I can do.

I went to try it on with a tiara/veil/my mums pearls yesterday and I like it about 75% but I'm not sure if I'd pick it again if I'd had more time to look. I need to stop opening "this is my dress *flash*" posts on here coz its not helping, I've fallen in love with a Maggie dress!!

I think I'm putting myself off it, I need to stop. It's a gorgeous dress! You just want that wow factor when ur H2B see's you for the first time, dont u!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics