Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RomanticPinkConfetti274
Beginner June 2016

Wedding Dress Wobbles

RomanticPinkConfetti274, 26 of March of 2015 at 15:50 Posted on Planning 0 11

I'm having wedding dress wobbles. I saw a dress in a local bridal shop, it was what I was looking for, as we are going for a Art Deco/Old Hollywood theme wedding. The bonus was that it was in the sale, so when I got home I could not stop thinking about it and I just thought it was the one. I went back and put a £50 deposit on it. A couple of weeks after I was having doubts, I was not sure if it was special enough and I was not sure it had the wow factor. I kept on thinking, this is going to be the most important and expensive dress I will ever wear and it needed to the right dress, I thought the dress I'd picked was a bit too safe. I think I got lost in thinking about the wedding theme and forgot I was still looking for a bridal dress and I did not think it looked bridal enough.

So I was in two minds about going dress shopping again, so I thought sod it and I went dress shopping today and I found a dress. I told them my budget was £1000, but she showed me a gown that was stunning, it fitted me perfectly and it was in a style I would never have chosen. I tried it on with a bird cage veil and it looked fab. The problem is it's £1800 but the shop said if I wanted to buy it today I could have it for £1600. I spoke to hubby to be and he said it was ok to go over budget, but I'm feeling guilty that I've rejected that dress and paid a deposit that I will not get back. Were not having bridesmaids, so or honeymoon, so I can go slightly over budget.

I've not rung the shop back yet to accept the offer, I'm afraid of being too hasty about the dress, I think I rushed to grab the other one, thinking as It was in the sale, someone else would snap it up. But if I leave it, it will go back to the full price. I wish someone would give me a kick in the bum, I hate being so indecisive.

Shall I just go for the second dress, I told the consultant I felt like a princess in it and I've never said that about any dress I have tried.

Pic one is the first dress https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-dresses/eternity-bride/d5179/

Pic 2 is the dress I tried on today http://www.plbgbridal.com/collections/kenneth-winston/1571

Sorry my computer is not letting me upload pictures.

x

11 replies

Latest activity by BubbleBees, 26 of March of 2015 at 19:44
  • F
    Beginner October 2015
    firsttimebride83 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be honest and say I prefer the first one. I think it has an air of elegance and utter sophistication about it, as well as being stunningly beautiful.

The second dress doesn't stand out as much to me. It just looks like a strapless sparkly one that hundreds of brides have worn.

I hope I don't offend anyone lol, just my opinion remember!

If you don't need to worry about budget, you need to wear the one that ultimately makes you feel like a princess x

• F
    Beginner October 2015
    firsttimebride83 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be honest and say I prefer the first one. I think it has an air of elegance and utter sophistication about it, as well as being stunningly beautiful.

The second dress doesn't stand out as much to me. It just looks like a strapless sparkly one that hundreds of brides have worn.

I hope I don't offend anyone lol, just my opinion remember!

If you don't need to worry about budget, you need to wear the one that ultimately makes you feel like a princess x

• RomanticPinkConfetti274
    Beginner June 2016
    RomanticPinkConfetti274 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

No offence taken, thanks for your opinion.

?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

The second one made me go WOW - the first - that's nice, but it's all about how you feel. You need to feel wow and you know if a dress has made you feel like wow. But you do need to make your decision and stick with it. If you're not sure about either of these - then keep looking.

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    Kathryn3 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, the Kenneth Wilson one is stunning, but the first one (to me) seems to fit more with the theme of your wedding. But, just as has already been said, if budget is not an issue and it makes you feel like a princess then go for it.

My dress is a non wedding gold dress. It's beautiful but I'm worrying slightly that it won't seem 'good enough' for my wedding day

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

I have to say that i prefer the first dress i think it's stunning, very elegant. However, it is all about how you feel in the dress yourself. If you prefer the first & it makes you feel wonderful then go for it. I know you've put down a deposit on the first one but in all honesty it's £50 and if the second dress makes you feel £50 better than the first !! go for it.

I know that dress budget isnt a concern for you which is great , however, i feel that the sales person was a bit unfair in the first place having known your budget getting you to try on a dress that was almost double.

Both dresses are beautiful, go with your heart i say !

Beginner June 2016
    • Hide content

Pammy67, those were my exact words when I tried the second dress on, I've never tried a dress like that in my life, and I think to myself this might be my only chance.

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    Spring Bride 85 ·
    • Hide content

Both are beautiful! I can see why it is a difficult choice.

As Pammy said, it depends on how you felt when you tried them on. You said the second made you feel like a princess so I imagine this one gave you more 'wow' than the first.

However, if you are only concerned about the first one not looking bridal enough, then (IMO) stop! It definitely looks bridal and would definitely fit your theme. That being said, if it fitting the theme is the ONLY reason you picked it, it's not your dress.

Hope that helps and good luck! :-)

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

Ah, I feel for you on the wobbles. Having them myself!

The dresses are very different but both gorgeous. If you can afford to I think you have to follow your heart and have no regrets.

Beginner June 2016
    • Hide content

Yes it was naughty of the consultant to let me try it on, she said as it was a new dress she could not take anymore off, otherwise if it was an older dress she would of taken more off.

To be honest I did pick the first dress because of the theme, I think got sidetracked as I wanted the dress to fit in. When I tried on the second dress, I was walking around the room, pretending I was walking up the aisle, lol.

I did sign contract when I paid the deposit, damn.

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

They're both quite different. If you have the budget go with your heart - you cannot betray a dress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics