Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner April 2017

Wedding dress worries

KJHLee, 13 of June of 2016 at 13:24 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hey, I only bought my dress yesterday and I'm already not sure on it. I went to an off the peg shop, the only shop I've been to dress shopping, but visited a number of times.

The first dress I tried on I'd picked and I did like it. My sister and mum didn't take a photo though so I couldn't compare it by photograph. It was this one: https://www.wed2b.co.uk/wedding-dresses/brands/heidi-hudson/juno.php

I then tried on another dress I'd picked up that i'd looked at the top of and handed to the assistant to make up the numbers for the changing room. I really loved the top of it and when I walked out both my sister and mum loved it, and the family in the next changing room. The only issue being its not what I ever wanted in a wedding dress. There's no train, it doesn't reach the floor. It's tea length. I wouldn't have even considered trying it had I noticed.

Ever since I got home after buying yesterday I've had doubts and I can't even look at it again as my mum has it. It probably doesn't help that I think this photo is horrible, it looked better in the changing room before I came out.

9 replies

Latest activity by Ash953, 14 of June of 2016 at 13:49
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Oh how pretty is that dress! My nan got married in a tea length dress, and she was sad there was no train, so do you know what she did?

She bought a Cathedral length veil and rocked it! She's not a tall woman so it dragged behind her forever! She loved it though Smiley smile

I think the socks are off putting lol not so bridal Smiley smile

I think that with a veil and some jewellery and some statement shoes, this could be a brilliant look for you Smiley smile

If you really don't think it's the one though, take it back. Wed2B's return policy is as follows:

Refunds and exchanges are considered on a case by case basis. In all circumstances, we will only consider a refund or exchange if the customer has notified us of the wish to return the dress within 7 days of the date purchase and the dress is returned to the original store of purchase, in its as-sold condition and in the original packaging within 14 days of the date of purchase. We will examine the dress upon return and we reserve the right to not accept a gown back if we feel that the gown has been worn (other than being reasonably tried on at home), damaged, altered, affected by odour or is defective in any other way. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £5 for refunds. Refunds or exchanges cannot be given on dress bags and accessories. Proof of purchase will always be required. If we agree to exchange a dress, no further exchanges or refunds will be offered at anytime and this is the case even if the 7 day period outlined above applies. Refunds or exchanges will not be provided after the date of the wedding.

• K
    Beginner April 2017
    KJHLee ·
    • Hide content

? haha ignore the socks, totally forgot about those.

• K
    Beginner April 2017
    KJHLee ·
    • Hide content

Oh and also showed a diagram of dress styles to my oh and tea length was the only one he said hell no to Smiley sad

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Oh Smiley sad

It really does sound like it might be best to take it back and either get your money back or exchange it for something more your style Smiley heart

xxx

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

I think you look lovely but you should feel amazing in it and full of confidence. Looking at their returns policy, could you tell them you want to return it then you have 14 days and could visit some other shops to try on other styles of dresses and see how you feel then? Not all bridal shops require appointments to be booked weeks in advance so you could just walk in and try your luck.

• R
    Beginner August 2017
    rose_tree86 ·
    • Hide content

It sounds like you really arnt sure. Did you feel a bit presured to like the dress because everyone else did? I think our opinion is aways altered by other people's comments. I really wanted a dress with a bit of sparkle and went with 2 friends to a boutique shop. I found a style I liked but he dress was just plain lace. I thought it was 'the one' but wanted to show my mum and sister. I then went to wed2b and found the same style but with sparkles and realised it actually didn't sant a plain lace dress. If I had listened to my friends at that moment I would of brought it. I hope that makes sense. Sometimes we need some time to process it. I look at my pictures and still love my dress. If you don't feel that way I think maybe it's not your dress. Xx

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

It is very pretty but the fact that you are having doubts so soon does make me think perhaps you rushed into a decision. You say it's the only shop you've been to, maybe go try some more on as that's the only way you'll know for sure. Sounds like their returns policy would allow you to take it back. It is natural to have dress wobbles, but at the same time it's your special day and you want to feel a million dollars, so don't settle for second best

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

First off - ignore your OH. I told mine things about dresses I tried on and he was kind of negative about them. But I know that even if I picked a dress he told me he hated he would love it on the day.

I tried on dresses in wed2b and I hate the photographs. I think it's maybe the lighting but I felt dreadful looking at them afterwards. Can you get your mum to bring the dress to your house and see how you feel?

If you hate it then take it back - you've already seen the refunds policy so just try and do this as quickly as possible.

Whatever you do just be happy with your dress. You might only have to wear it once but you have to look at the pictures for the rest of your life! And if you feel good in the dress you will look even better

• K
    Beginner April 2017
    KJHLee ·
    • Hide content

I did feel really good in the dress, and I'm only 5ft 2 so most others were incredibly long on me. But at the same time I feel it's not a proper wedding dress as it doesn't reach the floor. I'm going to try the dress on again, but I was thinking of ringing to say I want to return it which gives me another week, going to another outlet shop and then back to wed2b to try some others and see if there's anything better.

This was the other dress i tried which I dont have a picture of me in:

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

It is a wedding dress even if it doesn't reach the floor. ?

Perhaps try it on at your mom's house and see how you get on. I'd also try it on with heels. If you still feel flat then return it, and keep looking.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics