Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2015

Wedding dresses.... Boring?!

MissMoo, 21 of December of 2013 at 17:33 Posted on Planning 0 7

Does anyone else find wedding dresses boring and very samey? Or us it just me? I am really struggling Smiley sad

7 replies

Latest activity by Lee Lou, 31 of December of 2013 at 21:26
  • Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

Yes I had the same trouble. In the end I found a Mark Lesley dress on EBay and modified it. It's still work in progress but it's coming on nicely. It's romantic and floaty - just what I wanted :-)

Think outside the box, look at ball gowns too - they are less expensive and you could always find a good seamstress to make it into something perfect for the same price (or less) as you'd pay for a wedding gown :-)

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Each to their own I guess. Personally a white dress similar to what 'most' people wear (hate to generalise!) just isn't me, so I am having a custom made black and red Handfasting dress. It just suits me so much better.

• Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

Yup so I've gone for a 50s style!

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    MissMoo ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I want 1950s Smiley smile

• LoveHimMegaMuch
    Beginner August 2014
    LoveHimMegaMuch ·
    • Hide content

I guess each dress is chosen to suit each brides own particular style and body shape.

Me personally, I chose to steer clear of what I would call a classic dress and have chosen a dress with vertical ruffles from the waist down. It's very feminine and romantic while still having some oomph! xx

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

MissMoo, if you want something 50's try Candy Anthony. You pretty much design your own so no two will be identical. They do come at a price though. A cheaper alternative would be Kitty and Dulcie, or you could do what I did and go for a bridesmaids dress. More choice of colours and lengths if you didn't want a traditional long white/ivory dress.

• broganj
    Dedicated January 2017
    broganj ·
    • Hide content

Yep! Which is why I'm wearing a pale yellow dress (my bridesmaids are actually going to be in white)

• L
    Beginner June 2014
    Lee Lou ·
    • Hide content

Hi Crazy Rat,

where are you getting your dress from, that's the sort of style I've been looking at. I can't believe the difference in costs between the dresses I've liked!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics