Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner May 2014

wedding dresses custom made in china advice please !!

kerrybecka, 23 of May of 2013 at 21:15 Posted on Planning 0 17

Evening everyone,

I just wanted a bit of advice i am getting married in may next year (i know i while away yet)

but i have fallen in love with a wedding dress i found on the internet the only thing is it is custom

made in china i wondered if anyone has had exprience buying a dress in this way and how it all worked out

thanks in advance

kerry xx

17 replies

Latest activity by Icklefee, 29 of May of 2013 at 18:11
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kerry

have a look at the current threads called 'am i mad for considering a dress from china?' and 'yourbridalwear'. General advice is find a good site (some are awful and some have good reputations) and be prepared to do some alterations once it arrives.

congratulations on your engagement :-)

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

As above.

There are loads of threads on this if you do a search.

Good and bad stories.

If you are prepared to order one, possibly have to pay to get it improved/altered, and even then have to go for another dress then go for it. If you are in any way a control freak worrier then dont do it. If you post the dress someone can probably tell you what the original is as they all tend to be copies.

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

I've just received my dress from China & have posted about it on both of the threads mentioned.

It was well made, of good quality, is heavy & fits quite well considering I sent smaller measurements to allow for weight loss & I haven't lost all of my weight yet! I will have to get it altered but I'm pleased overall.

Bear in mind that they copy the original & legally they are supposed to change 5 things about the dress so it's not a direct copy.

• K
    Beginner May 2014
    kerrybecka ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for getting back to me ladies its been a massive help

i think I am going to go for it I cannot find anything like this dress

any where else I will check out those other links thank you??

i have attached the dress I love hopefully it will look as good as it does here

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

JoJo I was banking on you of all people knowing what it was!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

This dress is Allure 8850.

Approx £1000 new.

The Chinese site will be making a counterfeit.

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

I've just had a look on the justin alexander site. There's three very similar :

http://www.justinalexanderbridal.com/wedding_dresses/8557

http://www.justinalexanderbridal.com/wedding_dresses/8627

http://www.justinalexanderbridal.com/wedding_dresses/8682

i love the last one!

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Excellent! Saw this after I posted! Oops!

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not disappointed with mine. I couldn't go for a second hand one because although I loved the style of the original dress, I didn't want tafetta or a straight across neckline.

I do agree there's a chance that the lace may not be of the same quality though. It's hard to know unless you can find someone who has had a lace one from China! Mine was organza & it's lovely quality, not cheap stuff.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you go and try on dresses first so you at least know what suits you? Dresses aren't the same in real life than on pictures. You can buy the shop samples for a fraction of the price.

I wouldn't risk it, personally.

• C
    Beginner December 2015
    Cariss1 ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress from the u.s.a. so you can look at the gowns on justthebeginnings.com. They have gowns to buy and custom made one's too. I was happy with my dress.

• K
    Beginner May 2014
    kerrybecka ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for your advice everyone i have been looking for a second hand version of this dress no luck yet Smiley sad i have been to try a few on in a similar style

so i know that is exactly what i want i am going to keep looking until i can locate one i think i will be too worried if i do order one from china fingers crossed i can find the dress somewhere thanks again xxx

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

Mori-lee do very similar styles and their dresses start at under £600. I would always opt for second hand or ex-sample over a China copy any day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics