Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2018

Wedding dresses John Lewis

Joanna26113, 21 of February of 2018 at 20:41 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone. I’m looking for a bit of advice . Iv been to try on some dresses in a traditional wedding dress shop, although I didn’t like anything, they all felt too big and heavy and not me. Iv looked on John Lewis and Debenhams and want to try lots on but I’m not sure if you can in either shop . They don’t seem to have them in the stores. Has anyone had any experience with these and what happened. Thanks jo

4 replies

Latest activity by pritsticandpompoms, 12 of October of 2018 at 13:42
  • MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

They tend to only have wedding dresses in flagship stores, they have Berkatex bridal in some stores too.

• H
    Beginner June 2019
    HappyPurpleDecor10420 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jo, I've recently booked my venue for next June and made my first visit to a bridal shop and felt the same as you - all a bit heavy and OTT for my style! I love the High St store designs as well - did you find a John Lewis/Debenhams/House of Fraser store to try on wedding dresses? Thank in advance. ?

• R
    Beginner April 2019
    RomanticYellowConfetti938 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

You can book a bridal personal shopper experience at Debenhams which is free and they'll be able to run through loads of dresses with you in a private dressing room. I recently took my grandma for a personal shopper for her outfit for my wedding and it was amazing.

Not sure about John Lewis though!

Good luck!

• S
    SunnyBrownCars82847 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, for the same reasons I ended up buying my dress from Debenhams. Another option is to buy lots online and try on at home, then return the ones you don't like (or all!) My local Debenhams didn't stock wedding dresses so this was the easiest thing to do.

When I was returning one dress, the lady in the queue in front of me was returning the last of 22 dresses shed she'd ordered!

I guess the only thing to be careful of is if something happens to the company - I recently ordered some bridesmaid dresses from house of Fraser and the order got cancelled when they were taken over. I've finally got my money back but it might be wise to pay on credit card as this gives you extra protection.

Have fun!

• P
    Curious
    pritsticandpompoms ·
    • Hide content

You need to order the dresses first, pretty sure they aren't in stock.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics