Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2011

Wedding dresses with no train?

happycamper, 8 February, 2011 at 16:22 Posted on Planning 0 13

Can anyone find me any? I have looked and looked, and just not found anything I like. Shoes are much easier, I have found several types of flat shoes I could cope with (I have joint problems) but I cannot find a dress I could safely wear without the risk of falling and putting myself in hospital, and I do not want a really "plain" dress, I still want weddingy, just simple. Help me hitchers! ?

13 replies

Latest activity by SouthB2B, 9 February, 2011 at 20:57
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried looking for 'prom' dresses or 'ballgown' dresses instead? Also you could try looking for bridesmaid dresses, some of them are pretty elaborate and can be ordered in white/ivory.

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    MrsB2B2011 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Berketex's Naomi comes with or without a train and is lovely.

http://www.berketexbride.com/acatalog/Product_Range_Naomi_152.html

• Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Have you looked at any designers yet some designers can alter dresses to not have a train I know Christina Rossi is one of those designers obv it costs abit more but its something you could maybe ask some of the dress shops you have or will visit!!

Claire

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about getting your dress made? I struggled to find the perfect dress for me because I wanted a short 1950's style but I still wanted it to be special rather than "registry office-y" if that makes sense. I'm paying less than I expected too and I know it will be perfect.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Are you keen on this kind of stye:

< They generally have a much smaller train.

I am also totally in love with this dress - have you considered tea length?

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

Mine has no train! It's from the Venus Bridal 'Informals' range. Badly named, as I think my dress is still very bridal, but none of the range have trains. Worth a look! http://www.venusbridal.com/bridals/venus-informals

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    happycamper ·
    • Hide content

FutureMrsJ, MrsB2B2011, thanks for the suggestions, very helpful, and I may come back to those.

Armour Occasions and JezVonSavage, thanks, but I think out of my budget.

Kayl, the first one is really not very "me", I would need a smaller skirt, much less volume, but thank you. The second one, no I wouldn't go for tea length, as I have operation scars on my legs which really need to be hidden.

Stripeyrache, you are my STAR of the day!! I am so chuffed with that link, brilliant dresses, exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I see you are Berkshire, can I ask if you bought your dress at Supanova Bridal, as they are the nearest stockist I can find to me too. Do you mind me asking approximately what price range those dresses would fall into?

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

My dress is by Ronald Joyce, but their sister site Victoria Jane has some lovely dresses with either no train, or the one I tried on the train could easily be chopped off without taking anything away from the dress.

Or have you thought about a lacey dress, lots of the lacey ones I have seen I think would look stunning either with/ without a train.

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

My dress has a train but they bustle it for the evening. Perhaps you could look for a dress you love and then ask them to do that ?

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

My dress has a long train but my seamstress is altering it leaving just a slight bit that flows out at the back Smiley smile

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did buy my dress from Supernova! You're like a detective ? Mine was £750 and when I bought it they also gave me some Rainbow Club shoes for free and £150 off accessories. Glad I've been able to help ?

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I'll not be having a train on my dress, but it will be 'weddingy' It'll be far more like a slinky ballgown.

I'm going abraod very soon to get it made.

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

Kayl - I LOVE the tea length dress...where from/ who by? It is gorgeous! xx

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    SouthB2B ·
    • Hide content

I originally didnt want any train at all, a couple of the shops I went to could trim dresses anyway so definitely worth asking no matter what the style of dress x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics