Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner May 2023 Isle of Wight

Wedding dresss!

Ffion, 12 of January of 2022 at 22:42 Posted on Wedding Attire 1 15
Hi-
We’re getting married next may (2023) and I’m not sure when to best start looking for a wedding dress? When do people usually start going to look and try some on etc?

Thank you in advance Smiley smile

15 replies

Latest activity by Sophie, 10 of November of 2022 at 12:24
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Got engaged Nov 2020 and went for first dress fitting in Sept 2021. Bought dress then. Only went to two shops as i had a very good idea of what I wanted but also did a lot of online research as that’s fun! We are getting married in July 2022. Good luck
  • Gemma
    Beginner July 2023 West London
    Gemma ·
    • Hide content
    I get married in July 2023 and I said Yes to my Dress on Saturday! I went to 2 Shops and found a Dress that I hadn’t originally picked that I absolutely fell in Love with so I would definitely suggest trying on different styles. The Stylist said that they usually advise looking 6-8 Months before the Wedding but due to Covid, she would recommend at least 12 Months in advance as there can be delays
  • F
    Ffion ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is super helpful! Thank you.. I didn’t want to book if it was too soon! Thank you x
  • F
    Ffion ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh how amazing! That’s so helpful thank you! X
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would say a year before, but there is no harm in looking now, but bear in mind you could change your mind. I found It helpful to try on a variety of styles as what I thought I wanted looked awful but ended up finding the perfect dress fairly quickly after I had ruled out styles. I would say with your time frame to maybe go in March time as this is normally when the new season styles are released and last years may be cheaper so you could get a good deal. Have fun looking and good luck

• F
    Ffion ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you.. that makes perfect sense.. xx
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    I don't get married until August 2023 but I bought mine August 2021! I had just been going to try a few dresses on for shape etc and fell in love with one!
    I do worry I bought it too early and my bridesmaids weren't all with me just my mum and sister but every time I look at photos on my phone we took of me in it a get excited to go back to try it on for my bridesmaids and wear it for my wedding day x
  • Amber
    Savvy November 2022 West Yorkshire
    Amber ·
    • Hide content
    I got my dress 10 months in advance and my fittings will be done over 3 months before x
  • L
    Curious March 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    I bought my dress 10 months before although dress shops recommended 12-18. As much as I left it "late" according to dress shops, it's been enough time for me to have second, third and fourth thoughts and window shop on Instagram. I do love my dress but I'm definitely glad I didn't shop any earlier. It also feels like forever since I tried it on. Can't wait for alterations to begin later this month.
  • T
    Curious November 2023 Devon
    Teri ·
    • Hide content
    I think it really depends on if you (like me) fluctuate quite a bit with your weight. I also want to lose a few pounds before the wedding so I'll hopefully be looking about 6 months before and I'll just have to keep my goal weight. If your weight doesn't change then I guess you could start shopping whenever you like 😊 just to add, I in no way think women should lose weight just for a wedding, I just over indulged alot at Christmas and lockdown 🤣
  • Samantha
    Beginner May 2023 Monmouthshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married May next year too and I’m going to start shopping next month 🥰
  • H
    Beginner August 2023 West Midlands
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married in 2023, I’m starting end of month after speaking to some bridal shop they have said if I don’t have a dress of the hanger it can take some dresses 6 months to be made. You need to find the right one in time for it come with it being able to be altered to you as that could take a couple weeks
  • Georgina
    Curious August 2022 East London
    Georgina ·
    • Hide content
    Try Davids Bridal and book an appointment! You get someone to help you choose a dress and it was really straightforward and doesn’t have to be crazy expensive! I loved my wedding dress experience there and it was recommended to me. Have fun trying on dresses ☺️
  • Cassy
    Beginner September 2022 East London
    Cassy ·
    • Hide content

Before purchasing a dress, I've look through Pinterest Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner May 2023 Warwickshire
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    Hey!
    I'm getting married in May next year, I went looking for dresses the end of augast this year, I said yes to the dress in September. I've read online it's best to get it 9 months before, not sure how true that is though🤍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics