Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

debmci

Wedding entrance music!

debmci, 12 June, 2010 at 18:54 Posted on Planning 0 14

I think that I have posted this before but I am still in as big a muddle as ever with it, if not even bigger! I was watching "Trooping of the Colour" this morning and now think I might like a slow march to come in to!

The ones i heard this morning were -

Then there were the ones I was thinking before that -

Honest opinions please!! Smiley smile

14 replies

Latest activity by debmci, 14 June, 2010 at 20:33
  • aecy
    Beginner October 2011
    aecy ·
    • Hide content

Are you having it played on an organ, if so i really like Arrival of the queen of sheba (although being a duet could be tricky)

If not Marriage of figaro is good x

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

yea, it would be on an organ. Its not a pipe organ tho, just the average electric one, but still pretty good!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

We can hear our music here https://www.youtube.com/user/stevozx6

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I had the traditional birdal chorus. You don't hear it these days so now it's become unusual ?

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know but all my friends had it at their weddings, and I'd like to do something slightly different. My sister has always said she would like canon in d, so I wouldn't like to take that from her. Its that and a horse and carriage im not allowed apparently!!

• LollyB
    Beginner September 2010
    LollyB ·
    • Hide content

I'm coming in to Trumpet Voluntary, having Canon in D for the signing and going out to the arrival of the queen of sheba (a bit back to front!!)

We're having a brass quintet so its going to sound lovely.

Scipio is a nice piece of music, I play in a military band and I've played it alot. Would set a nice pace for you to walk down to! I've got a feeling my dad is going to charge down the aisle at the rate of knots with my choice!!!!

xx

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is there a song you specifically want? I wouldn't let what other people had deter you form what you want. You think while planning that you have to be unique (that's the general you not you in particular ?) but who cares! Have what makes you happy. Weddings will always be similar to others.

It wouldn't have felt like a real wedding to me if i didn't have the traditional entrance and exit music ?

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

I really love the queen of sheba - it's a little twist on the traditional - but still classic.

Big choice though! Which one do you 'feel' more? Can you imagine walking down the aisle to hubby in one of them??

• flutterbye
    Beginner
    flutterbye ·
    • Hide content

We have decided on "Air" from Handel's "Water Music" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0bHwyK0zfs as it's nice and not too over the top (didn't really want a march!).

I really like Gabrie's Oboe out of the ones you've posted. How is the music being played? Is it recorded or live? I think that makes a difference as some instruments suit different pieces better Smiley smile

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its going to be played on the organ. Im not sure what we're going to have. I was really liking that scipido one, as its awee bit different, but also like Gabriels oboe... decisions decisions!!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am going to have to listen to them all again and imagine me and my dad walking down the aisle, and Mr Sproule waiting at the end for me!!

• M
    MATTHEW007 ·
    • Hide content

If the parish had strict policies, they would have already told you. There are official suggested guidelines from the church, but if you decide on something else you would like, nobody's going to say nay. They won't stop you walking down the aisle because they don't like your choice.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thats what I had thought! My dad thought he would have to run up the aisle to queen of sheba! Mum and dad had trumpet voluntary! I thought of it as well! Smiley smile

ATM im thinking it will be scipio

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

well i thought i really wanted "go lassie go" to come in, then went off it for a while. The OH is not sure the church would allow it tho with it being "secular". I know military marches and classical nights arent as such religious either, but are more acceptable! lol.

Aw i'll keep listening just! lol eventually we'll decide on something!

I will also keep listening to the traditional music... U've got me thinking bout having it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics