Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2016

Wedding Fair at Excel in London

MrsLloyd2b, 17 of April of 2015 at 23:11 Posted on Planning 0 7

Is anyone else heading to the wedding fair tomorrow? I'm so excited! It will be my first wedding related event, I'm just hoping to gather ideas and get inspiration. Any wedding fair tips appreciated xxx

7 replies

Latest activity by Hydeschnucke, 11 of April of 2016 at 13:06
  • Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

The general consensus with this fair in the past has been that it is too big and full of pushy suppliers. I get asked to exhibit there every year but have avoided it so far. I'd interested in hearing what you thought of this years show and whether you book anything or just use it for ideas and then shop around for better prices. Have fun.

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

I hope you have a great time, the ones in London always intrigue me, but as I have a lot of the big things booked now and I only REALLY have OH to go with (friends are quite far away/busy and mum/sister are equally far away/busy) I haven't bothered

Bigger shows do tend to be full of pushy suppliers, from what I hear, so be prepared to avoid a lot of eye contact and make excuses! However it's worth talking to photographers to get an idea of the different "types" and what they do and how you get on with them etc. Look up a few questions to ask any of the suppliers you're particularly interested in for any that you wouldn't have thought of Smiley smile (or ask people here!)

Have a lovely time! Try lots of cake Smiley winking

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

Well, it certainly was an experience! We had a great time. I went with my OH, as we only got engaged two weeks ago and we really just wanted to see what was out there to get some inspiration. It was huge but we stopped at almost every stall except for the dresses as didn't want OH to see any, also didn't watch the catwalk show for the same reason. All of the exhibitors were warm and friendly but i wouldn't say that we experienced any pushy ones. Almost all of them had deals on if you booked at the show but when we explained that we weren't ready to make any bookings a lot of them said we could still get the offer at a later date if we mentioned the fair. We left our details with lots of them so i am expecting to be inundated with emails but I set up a separate email address for wedding related business. There was a really good atmosphere and it gave us loads to think about. The negatives were that it was so crowded at times and that it was sometimes necessary to shout in order to be heard. I would def go back when i'm ready to book things in order to get the discounts. It looked as if there were discounts for dresses off of the rail which i would love to investigate more xx

• Fairytales19
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairytales19 ·
    • Hide content

I went to this wedding fair too and loved it! We're really far along in our wedding planning but we still had a great time and I didn't find the suppliers to be pushy like at the National Wedding Fair.

• L
    Beginner January 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeCakes380 ·
    • Hide content

Is it worth going to this years one do you think?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Warning, this is an old thread....turn up tomorrow and you will find a craft fayre rather than a wedding one......

Peter

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• Hydeschnucke
    Beginner May 2018
    Hydeschnucke ·
    • Hide content

Haha, I was just thinking: "Wait, what? Did I buy my ticket too late and the show was actually yesterday?" Got a bit of a scare there !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics