Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

AKWedding
Beginner August 2015

Wedding Fatigue

AKWedding, 5 of June of 2015 at 20:20 Posted on Planning 0 5

Suffering from wedding fatigue. Today I had moments when I thought we should have just gone to the registry office and had a fish and chip meal afterwards, kept it simple. A lot of detail to deal with. Im looking forward to going back to organising events for small groups, not double figures, after the wedding.

5 replies

Latest activity by Chale, 8 of June of 2015 at 15:23
  • T
    Beginner March 2015
    Twoweddingbride ·
    • Hide content

I had to organise my wedding from the other side of the world and I was given the best advice from a friend who is an attention to detail person and excels at everything. I think the advice applies no matter where your wedding is!! She said focus on the big ticket items. If you get these right then everything else will be fine. The other thing to do is think about previous weddings you went to and what you ACTUALLY remember. Pick a few things that are important to you and do them well. For me it wasn't the table decorations or the flowers but capturing the day with photographs and people having fun so I had a photobooth, disposal cameras on the table and 2 photographers- oh and a bouncy castle!! I had the most amazing time at my wedding and I think it was because I just covered all the basics and didn't worry about every little detail (logistically I did though!). Also use your bridesmaids that is what they are there for. Get them to find florists, jewelry options for them and shoes etc. They can organise the food and drink for the day and the good old bridal survival bag plus picnic whilst you are having photos. They can help make or source things you need. I had the best bridesmaids and they made my wedding SO amazing!! Good luck and hang in there....everyone gets wedding fatigue, you aren't alone!!

• T
    Beginner March 2015
    Twoweddingbride ·
    • Hide content

I had to organise my wedding from the other side of the world and I was given the best advice from a friend who is an attention to detail person and excels at everything. I think the advice applies no matter where your wedding is!! She said focus on the big ticket items. If you get these right then everything else will be fine. The other thing to do is think about previous weddings you went to and what you ACTUALLY remember. Pick a few things that are important to you and do them well. For me it wasn't the table decorations or the flowers but capturing the day with photographs and people having fun so I had a photobooth, disposal cameras on the table and 2 photographers- oh and a bouncy castle!! I had the most amazing time at my wedding and I think it was because I just covered all the basics and didn't worry about every little detail (logistically I did though!). Also use your bridesmaids that is what they are there for. Get them to find florists, jewelry options for them and shoes etc. They can organise the food and drink for the day and the good old bridal survival bag plus picnic whilst you are having photos. They can help make or source things you need. I had the best bridesmaids and they made my wedding SO amazing!! Good luck and hang in there....everyone gets wedding fatigue, you aren't alone!!

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I had this too! Felt quite a lot of pressure to get excited about things I don't cAre about (eg napkins). Don't get stressed about it! You'll have an amazing day.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

I had phases of this when l was wedding planning! I used to ease off on the planning and then go back to it when l felt more enthusiastic. The detail can be over-wheeling at times

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies! Your advice is good advice ?

I wanted a relatively relaxed day e.g. a lie-in as a we are having a late ceremony and an unrushed build-up, but we had to change the plan to incorporate another element at the request of a family member. As a result, some things have become logistically more complicated, more work than I would have liked.

I will try to keep the Big Ticket items in mind, and not get too worked up over other details (I have no interest in napkins either!)

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

Re: Big Ticket items, we've been to three weddings so far this year and have another one to go to in September. They have all been really useful for picking out details and thinking about, as a guest, whether I would have actually missed them or minded if they hadn't been there. Does that make sense? For example, the first and second wedding didn't have favours, but the third one did, and it made me realise that actually I'm not bothered about having favours. Likewise, at each of the weddings I wasn't that bothered about having a proper look at the wedding cakes, so I'm not going to go overboard on our wedding cake. OTOH the third wedding had a table quiz and a prize for the winner, which I loved, so we're going to do that!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics