Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lindsayj89
Beginner August 2013

Wedding Favor Ideas For A Vintage/Shabby Chic Theme

lindsayj89, 30 September, 2012 at 13:33 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hello, has anyone got any ideas of what favors i could have at my wedding. The theme is vintage/shabby chic, white and gold in colour.

I had the idea of making my own cake pops and decorating then in white and gold icing but i'm not sure if it will go with the theme, what does everyone think?

Thanks for your help

Lindsay X

13 replies

Latest activity by lumc86, 30 September, 2012 at 20:48
  • S
    Beginner December 2013
    sugarloaf ·
    • Hide content

Maybe a few vintage sweets wrapped in a gingham fabric like in mrsrawe2b's picture? (I have in mind a square of fabric, put the sweets in the middle, and then fold up the corners and tie up with ribbon to make a bag or something.

• lindsayj89
    Beginner August 2013
    lindsayj89 ·
    • Hide content

That's a good idea and not too pricey all round, any ideas how you would present them on the tables?

Thanks Lindsay

• lindsayj89
    Beginner August 2013
    lindsayj89 ·
    • Hide content

I like this idea as well, will go very well with the theme and i can get the fabric to match the colour scheme.

Thank you for your idea Smiley smile

• lindsayj89
    Beginner August 2013
    lindsayj89 ·
    • Hide content

Very cute idea, thanks Smiley smile

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

You could even tie mini luggage tags or similar and double them up as place settings

something like this

• lindsayj89
    Beginner August 2013
    lindsayj89 ·
    • Hide content

That looks gorgeous and you could just save the jar up from home Smiley smile

Thanks

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    LouLaBellexx ·
    • Hide content

We are doing the mini jam jars too with nice fabric and a heart wooden tag with our initials and date on them. Still deciding on whether to fill them with sweets or mints.

If you do go down this route you get some very good deals with the jars on ebay. I got 110 for £30 :-)

xxx

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

My Mum's making ours, lavender filled embroidered hearts that will also have people's names embroidered on them so they double as place cards. The sort of heart you'd hang from a door knob iykwim?

• Soon2bMrsCB
    Beginner July 2014
    Soon2bMrsCB ·
    • Hide content

For the men im making chilli jam and putting them in jars that we have been collecting and asking everyone else to keep their old jars for us! also using luggage labels tied to them as name settings, i was going to make cakepops for the women, tie them up in the little cellophane bags again with the labels as name settings but after reading on this site, cakepops dont sound very popular so i may rethink them!!

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    lumc86 ·
    • Hide content

We too are doing the mini jam jar thing.

We are having a cheese wedding cake (ie actual wheels of cheese), which will be our evening buffet (with bread and pate and stuff), so my mum is making a few different chutneys which we are going to put in the jars for people to use with the cheese later! I've heard so many stories of people just leaving favours on the tables, so hopefully by doing it this way they will actually have some use!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics