Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Savvy April 2022 Essex

Wedding favors - what did you or are you going for?

Emma, 7 of January of 2022 at 12:13 Posted on Planning 0 19
Just need some wedding favor inspiration please!

19 replies

Latest activity by Sam, 12 of January of 2022 at 08:42
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    We’re undecided at the moment - obviously it is up to each couple but feels like some people go to a lot of cost/effort (I’ve been given homemade jam before that I know was a nightmare to collect fruit for/make!) for something that many guests aren’t that bothered about…

I think, if we do anything, we’ll get seeds from a charity - so people that way inclined can plant them and remember our wedding when they grow but we’re also doing something good in donating to charity. Otherwise, I’d say things I’ve seen go down well are sweets or little bottles of booze
  • L
    Beginner November 2022 Durham
    Louise ·
    • Hide content

My other half is a chef so he's going to make some truffles and I've found a lovely site that does personalised lollipops etc, and that is probably it. I would recommend doing something like the above poster has said, something to eat or drink means that people are more likely to use them. I've seen some favours go left at the end of the night, but it depends on your guests!

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We sre having wax melts in our perfumes and some love hearts with our wedding date etc on
  • S
    Dedicated March 2022 Hampshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    We are having biscuits Smiley smile similar to this Smiley smile Wedding favors - what did you or are you going for? 1

• H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve knitted woollen hearts. We’re gonna stitch people’s names on each heart stand double them up as place names. Bit a lot of work but it’s more personalised and cheap to produce.
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    We’re not having favours. I’ve been to so many weddings and seen the favours left behind, and although I always take mine to be polite it’s rarely something I want. One exception to that was a napkin embroidered by the bride with each recipient’s name - but what a lot of effort!
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    We’re undecided too, but I’m erring on the side of not doing them. We may have candles on the tables we’ll say guests can take if they like, but really, I’ve been to a few weddings recently where they didn’t have favours and nobody really cared of noticed. If it’s something you really want to do then go for it, but otherwise it’s just another cost you can cut down
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    I’m going to put in an order with a small candle business local to me as I’ve had a chat with them and they will do custom orders with specific fragrances and make up the labels just how we want - they’re on Instagram at @southwayscandleco
  • Colette
    Beginner December 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Colette ·
    • Hide content

Our venue does drinks tokens that can be used towards a soft drink or house wine / beer. We were thinking of gifting those to our guests as favours in a mini fabric stocking (we're having a December wedding), alongside a Lindt chocolate. My MIL has offered to make the stockings, so saves on costs that way. And if we decide it's too costly, we can always remove the drink token.

• MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    We aren't having favours per se - they seem to be a lot of fuss and expense for something no one really remembers or leaves behind anyway. We are giving money to charity and putting a little card on everyone's place thanking them for coming and telling them a donation has been made on their behalf to the charity instead
  • Kara
    Beginner October 2022 Warwickshire
    Kara ·
    • Hide content
    We’re going with McMillan they do favour section…. Donating to charity whilst ticking a box too.
    They work out about £1 ish person.
  • Claire
    Beginner August 2022 Hampshire
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a brilliant idea, I have been looking at so many different options but am definitely going to this!
  • A
    Savvy July 2021 Devon
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content

We didn't do favours specifically, we printed menu cards ourselves for each person (everyone I know forgets what they've ordered in advance!) and wrote a note on there that we had bought a tree for every guest through Ecologi - which went down really well! As a little thing for the day we then gave out a drinks token for people to use at the bar after the meal.

• C
    Beginner August 2023 Herefordshire
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content

We are a bit of a boozy family - so I have some small recycled brown gin bottles (got mine from a distillery) they were chucking them out. I have ordered labels that say 'take a shot, we tied the knot' and will just fill them up with a nice spirit of our choice x

• Sam
    Beginner April 2022 Dorset
    Sam ·
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is Lego themed and I’ve made little resin Lego mini figure keyrings that have a little bit of Lego in each one Smiley smile
  • L
    Dedicated June 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066 ·
    • Hide content
    We had flavoured gins and as we’re in Scotland my mother in law made tablet. Tablet is a bit like fudge but slightly dryer, crumblier and sweeter. Every child also got an age appropriate bag as we had 12 children between 11 months and 11 years at my wedding. My brother had everybody’s place name carved in wood and my sister got pin badges for an animal charity.
  • J
    Beginner April 2022 Florida
    Jennifer ·
    • Hide content

We're doing a beach wedding so we've bought a few giant boxes of those Belgian chocolate seashells and some small little clear bags. We're putting a few chocolates in each bag, tying them with a ribbon and a 'thank you' tag (printed off Etsy). Should be pretty simple but on theme!

• Amber
    Savvy November 2022 West Yorkshire
    Amber ·
    • Hide content
    We’re having candles. I’ve seen a lot of people say favours get left behind so if they do at least we can use them and they won’t be wasted!
  • S
    Beginner August 2023 Surrey
    Sam ·
    • Hide content
    I am currently looking at bookmarks that double up as place names however that seems very expensive too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics