Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2012

Wedding favour charity pins Help Please

hypervikki21, 1 October, 2011 at 14:15 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi girls,

my h2b and I like the idea of having charity pins instead of wedding favours but only if we can find a charity that means something to us.

I was thinking to do something mental health related as I have suffered a lot with quite serious mental health problems, the issue is I can't find a UK based mental health charity that does pin badges.

Can anyone help please

4 replies

Latest activity by Emmielou2, 3 October, 2011 at 10:39
  • greenbean
    Beginner July 2012
    greenbean ·
    • Hide content

I was hoping to give a favour from "mind" but they don't do any promotional items. I instead will be giving something from the "rethink" charity. I shall be giving cotton shopping bags for the women, my parter has chosen help for heroes for the men. I think rethink might have done pin badges though - they certainly did those little button badges.

• A
    Beginner April 2012
    aprilbride ·
    • Hide content

Make one!

Make a little card, find a nice poem to print on it including that for every bum on seat means they helped another. If you can find a good friend at poetry then even better. You can buy lovely little badges from lots of places to attach to the card for pennys.

Im having cancer pin badges attached to cards with a poem on and im putting them in purple(my theme)little envelopes and silver writing calligraphy of there names on and 3 little diamontes under it. They then double as a place card.

• xtine88xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xtine88xx ·
    • Hide content

Omg this is an AMAZING idea! Never thought about that! Going to suggest it to the OH!

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

We do a lot of charity pin favours for our brides, a recent Bride who lost both her parents had pins from our local hospice, she put a card in with them to say " As this is a charity close to our hearts we have made a donation on your behalf to st Annes hospice, please wear your pin in remembrance of absent loved ones " It was lovely to see that every guest had their pins on

There are lots of charities that do pins, but not so easy to find online,so choose a few potential charities and give them a ring. I have also found that if you ring you might find that they have a variety of styles of pins.

• Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

I also love this idea, by OH hates it, he says it is wrong to give to charity on someone else's behalf and i just cannot talk him round! But i think you are doing a great thing, money much better spent than on sugared almonds or chocolates that no one really wants after a sit down meal!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics