Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2021 Essex

Wedding Favours

Katrina, 4 of August of 2021 at 21:32 Posted on Planning 0 10
Hello I am getting married this 2nd September. It’s been an absolute rush, we only booked it 2 weeks ago . I am trying to source favours, can anyone recommend any favours I can buy quick but look really effective? Thank you!

10 replies

Latest activity by Rebecca, 7 of August of 2021 at 23:40
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Could you make your own? I ordered personalised love hearts off eBay (took 3 days to be delivered)
    Or could do any sweets/chocolates inside a little bag.

What kind of favour are you thinking? How many guests do you have?
  • A
    Savvy July 2021 Devon
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content

We went for buying trees to be planted - not a gift for people to take away I know but it went down well! You can buy them on Ecologi and it really isn't expensive at all. Did that and filled some individual bags with sweets just to have something tangible on the day Smiley smile

• H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

We are most likely not going to do favours! We have thought about little bags of sweets that will have everyone's names on, as we originally toyed with a pick & mix table, but if I'm honest I think we would rather put the money we would have spent on favours into drinks for everyone!

I think between us we've had most types of favours from different weddings such as mints, sweets, jars of maple syrup, to personalised tea cups and have seen so, so many left behind. The only time I've seen all favours go was at a wedding in Italy because they were little jars of limoncello we couldn't take back in our hand luggage so we all drank it with dessert!

If nothing jumps out to you that feels right for favours then I would say don't worry too much, don't have to do it because it's tradition x

• Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve done shot bottles for our wedding , I bought the bottles from Amazon plus the personalised labels and then filled them with limoncello and raspberry vodka. Or a really simple one is personalised love hearts , Amazon do them x
  • Shannon
    Dedicated August 2022 Vale Of Glamorgan
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content

We are tripling ours up as favours/name placements/canapes. We are doing shortbread biscuits with icing on top with their names on them. Like this but with their names. We are getting the shortbread from BnM and the ready rolled icing then ill be finding a stamp or something for the names. I bought clear bags from Shein already and just need to get some bows or something to tie them up.

Wedding Favours 1

• F
    Curious October 2021 Essex
    Frances ·
    • Hide content
    I’m looking into getting lapel pins from a charity like Macmillan or a box of mints/sweets or a pen from royal British legion. Only takes 3-5 days to deliver & the money goes to charity. If you go with Macmillan it’s £1 a pin badge (some also double up as place cards) pens & mints I’ve looked are £20 for 10. But heart foundation do wedding favours just type in google wedding favours charity & lots of ideas come up! Smiley smile

I was going to do lottery scratch cards for a £1 each but I changed my mind...although that’s another idea that’s quick!
  • Gwendolin
    Beginner September 2021 South East London
    Gwendolin ·
    • Hide content
    As favours, I’m getting cookies with guests names printed on them for the first week of September too. Her link is available here: http://www.quintessentialcookies.co.uk/

• Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this idea! I went to a wedding once where the favour was a trolley coin on a key ring and a charity close to the brides heart had provided them.
    I still use it now 7 years on, I never have a £1 for the trolley
  • S
    Beginner November 2021 Gloucestershire
    Seonaid ·
    • Hide content

Pins from Cancer Research, they do a variety so something nice and giving to charity. You can order online https://shop.cancerresearchuk.org/charity-wedding-favours?_gl=1%2A1hb8yn5%2A_gcl_aw%2AR0NMLjE2MjgzNTEyNTcuRUFJYUlRb2JDaE1JcXVEd2o2R2Y4Z0lWemRQdENoM3hJQVEtRUFBWUFTQUFFZ0lfelBEX0J3RQ..%2A_gcl_dc%2AR0NMLjE2MjgzNTEyNTcuRUFJYUlRb2JDaE1JcXVEd2o2R2Y4Z0lWemRQdENoM3hJQVEtRUFBWUFTQUFFZ0lfelBEX0J3RQ..%2A_ga%2AMjAxMzA1NTYwMi4xNjI4MjcxMDA3%2A_ga_58736Z2GNN%2AMTYyODM1MTI1Ni4zLjAuMTYyODM1MTI1Ni42MA..&_gac=1.204128548.1628351257.EAIaIQobChMIquDwj6Gf8gIVzdPtCh3xIAQ-EAAYASAAEgI_zPD_BwE

• R
    Beginner September 2021 Hertfordshire
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content

Me and my Partner have gone for £1 lottery scratchers and some personalized M&Ms. Simple but fun

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics