Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lorna
Curious October 2022 Dorset

Wedding favours

Lorna, 6 of June of 2022 at 19:35 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 13

Good evening

Im just sorting out wedding favours , dont want to spend to much , any ideas that will be nice and simple

Lorna x

13 replies

Latest activity by Elizabeth, 26 of June of 2022 at 11:19
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    We went for the personalised Love Heart wrappers, ordered direct from Swizzels and cost about £22 for 100. We are putting them in organza bags with a few jelly babies which were the sweets my FH used to bring on the train when we met in London on our dates 🤣
  • Lorna
    Curious October 2022 Dorset
    Lorna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good morning, I thought about the love hearts , I shall have a look at there web page , thank you , Lorna 😊
  • Jasmine
    Beginner January 2023 Co Antrim
    Jasmine ·
    • Hide content

We're buying sweets from a wholesaler and bagging them up into little cellophane bags with a ribbon tied around. I went to a wedding last week and they didn't have any, and a wedding last year where they'd spent a fortune on mini yankee candles with their names and wedding dates on them. Everybody forgot to take the candles home and nobody noticed the wedding without wedding favours. I wouldn't worry about them at all.

• L
    Beginner November 2022 Durham
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    I found a really good site that did personalised lollies https://hollyslollies.co.uk/ that were really reasonable for price
  • Nicola
    Curious October 2022 Kent
    Nicola ·
    • Hide content
    I’m baking my own sugar cookies 😀
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve made a charity donation instead of favours - figured we didn’t want to spend the money on something people would probably leave behind/not really care about and it was better to give it to a cause we care about. The charity sent us tent cards to put out on the tables. If we were going to do favours though, we were looking at seed packets - liked the idea of people planting them and being reminded of us.
  • Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content
    How about lottery scratch cards? I’m considering doing this for my wedding favours. They do ones for £1 but I guess it depends on how many guests you have as to whether that will be cost effective! X
  • H
    Beginner May 2022
    HappyBrownCars17364 ·
    • Hide content
    We didn't have favours at all and no one complained! It already costs a lot per head and I've seen lots of favours left behind at other weddings I've been to.

We did let our guests take away some of the flowers though at the end of the night if they wanted them.
  • Leanne
    Dedicated September 2022 West Yorkshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content

We have gone for some wild flower seeds in little envelopes so that the guest can spread the seeds and it will help the little bumble bee's in the UK

This didn't work out too expensive and it is good for the planet

• S
    Beginner December 2022 Lothian & Borders
    Susannah ·
    • Hide content
    I went to a friends wedding where they had blowing bubbles as their favours and it was actually really good fun at the tables, so I’ve decided to pinch the idea for my wedding too. The British Heart Foundation sells them so it’s a nice opportunity to also support a charity https://giftshop.bhf.org.uk/love-heart-bubbles-for-weddings-pack-of-24
  • Lex
    Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Lex ·
    • Hide content

I’m DIY’ing our favours. I saw the idea on Etsy and Pinterest but to get them ready made was an extortionate cost…

We are bulk buying some alcohol from Costco and filling up little plastic bottles from Amazon for each guest, I’m making tags with “take a shower we tied the knot!”.
  • Luxuriouspinkcars60789
    Curious October 2022 Cheshire
    Luxuriouspinkcars60789 ·
    • Hide content
    For my favours I’m going to double them up as place names. I’m having personalised real wooden names of each guest made which I found on on Esty, 50p each and look amazing
  • E
    Beginner July 2022 South East London
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    We’re looking at charity pin badges / brooches for ours. The Alzheimer’s society, cancer research UK and British heart foundation all do a line specifically for weddings, and as Alzheimer’s and cancer have both affected my family it’s a nice way to support a cause

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics