Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*MM3*
Beginner June 2014

Wedding favours..

*MM3*, 2 of July of 2013 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 38

Just wondering what wedding favours everyone is having / had?

So many options and lovely websites I've found and can't seem to choose..i like personalised things like candles / sweets / chocs etc or I seen wedding cupcakes & cookies with inititals on them for guests but don't know. Want scrolls on the table with whatever we choose. Do you give everyone the same or can you mix & match what each guest gets? Only have 20 daytime so not too much effort for us.

And finally..do you buy the evening guests favours as well or just daytime? Don't want anyone feel left out or less important but wasn't sure if that was the done thing?

Any ideas / advice appreciated ?

38 replies

Latest activity by *MM3*, 4 of July of 2013 at 21:17
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

We have 25 daytime guests and 50 evening guests.

For day guests we are making a gift bag for all our guests-

Molton Brown toiletry for the men & kath Kidston for the ladies

Mini Whisky/vodka

sweets/chocolate

and lots of little odds and sods.

For evening we imported mini bottles of Latvian Fizz (where OH is from) that we will give to all guests including evening guests. (I don't think its the 'norm' to have evening guest favours but is something we wanted)

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

We're having Lindt bunnies as its the week after easter. Was originally going to have creme eggs but think i'll just put those in the sweet table instead!

• O
    Beginner September 2014
    owlalice ·
    • Hide content

I see no problem with mix and matching. I like that idea. A recent wedding I went to, had homemade jam in small jars for the ladies and polyesterene make your own planes for the men. (Was a vintage theme) I'm thinking of making cake pops, which I can then colour myself to match the colour scheme. I like the idea of personalised cupcakes though! I don't think you need to give favours to eve guests, as favours are traditionally set out at the wedding breakfast and I don't think any of your eve guests would mind or even expect favours! Smiley smile do you have a theme that you could match the favours to?

• Jen_P
    Dedicated August 2013
    Jen_P ·
    • Hide content

We are having a little pic'n'mix in those old fashioned strippy sweet bags, with a personalised sticker on each to seal. Then we are having little corked bottles with something boozy in with a "drink me" tag (Alice in Wonderland themed day) and I have also made Alice in Wonderland wine glass charms ?

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

For our 80 day guests we're having something edible to keep them going through the speeches, and also to remove the need for separate men/ women favours. We aren't purposely buying favours for evening guests but as I'll be buying extra for just-in-cases, there will probably be leftover favours that we'll put in a bowl alongside the cake and evening munchies so I guess the evening guests might get some Smiley smile I was thinking about buying a load of biscuits and icing them... Not sure if that's brave or stupid or both!

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

Lil Easter eggs ... We are marrying Easter Sunday :-)

was gonna be miniatures tho. X

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Flippin' nora Funky that sounds fab, you put my sweet hearts and Swiss chocs and chocolate truffles to shame?

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Homemade jams and chutneys for day adult guests.

Sweetie jars or homemade cookies for kids.

Nothing for evening guests. But they're getting fish and chips, cheese and biscuits/rustic bread and a cupcake and a piece of tasty homemade cake.... They'll get by without a keepsake Smiley smile

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Ooh some great ideas ladies thanks a lot!

Funky - love the gift bag idea sounds really nice, and something guests will know a lot of thoughts went into Smiley smile
    I think we'll do something similar with evening guests, a miniature or something edible with a wee name tag possibly & it keeps everyone happy.

Mrs Long & Barca girl - LOVE the easter bunny & easter eggs idea..that'll be lovely!

Owlalice - that sounds lovely I like the jam jars idea, and im sure cake pops would go down a treat with your guests..i think everyone loves edible goodies lol Smiley winking Don't really have a theme other than red for the colour..i love the vintage styles and was looking at mini lanterns with tiny personalised tealights in them for the women but I think i'll stick with edible / drinkable goodies for everyone in the end maybe..

Jen P - i'd love an alice theme haha that would be amazing..like the little bottles idea that'll look nice and something i'm sure all guests will appreciate!

Suzy - The biscuits would be a good idea I think, can out your own wee touch on them and as I say I don't think you can really go wrong with eatables Smiley smile Might do the same and put some things in bowls for the evening guests to help themselves to and it makes it easier all round Smiley smile

Cherry bloom - for the record, i'd be delighted with those goodies at a wedding lol ?

Thanks again everyone xx

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Aww this sounds lovely, I've seen people buying the wee jam jars and filling them with sweets.. something to consider as I love all those wee unique looking things Smiley smile

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lovely, im a sucker for the jams / sweeties / goodies Smiley smile

That's true, ours are getting their choice of a mini steak pie or bacon/egg etc rolls, a free drink, some home made tablet (caterers not mine ) & wedding cake..might have to ponder wether to buy more gifts lol!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing gift bags too- but have 100 all day guests so don't know if I'm brave or stupid!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow 100 haha, you'll have your work cut out..very brave though Smiley laugh Sure the guests will love them!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

We are going down the sweetie route (jelly beans)

I got some spice jars for 50p a go in Pound stretcher, was a while ago but think they still have them:

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content

We are making homemade Scottish tablet as OH is Scottish - if you don't know it, it's like a crumbly fudge (the tablet, not my OH!!) and was apparently a traditional alternative to the old sugared almonds back in the day. OH is going to make it (he has been practising! The last batch was very authentic indeed!) and I will bag up five pieces for each guest and decorate with ribbon and a little tag explaining the tradition. There is also a cakepop for each of the daytime guests in the table centrepieces. We have not done favours for the evening guests but we are having the wedding cake / cupcakes and some sweets (haven't decided if doing a full sweetie buffet or just a few bits as there are lots of sweet things going about) in the evening so they'll certainly have some treats.

I really love the various ideas about little bottles of booze and would be thrilled to get one but about half our guests are really not bothered about drinking so I think they would prefer sweet things. If I was catering just for myself, I would love to have Kleiner Feiglings (little bottles of German fig vodka which I love) and do shots instead of sipping bubbly during the toasts. But that's just me...

• Foote2c
    Beginner December 2012
    Foote2c ·
    • Hide content

For our Christmas wedding we had five bits of chocolate money (I read somewhere about tradition being 5sugared almonds for health, wealth, prosperity, love and fertility or some other such nonsense) in a little organza bag I got from Amazon.

They went down a storm.

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

I have glass test tubes with cork stoppers, filled with wild flower seeds. Finished with a cute manila tag with guests name on one side and instructions on t'other.

The glass test tubes are relevant as I'm a chemist and Jay is a scientist like me. Wildflowers because I love them ?

Cheap and cheerful.

ETA: Kids will get activity packs and mini crayon rolls.

Also having the sweetie table and a bottles of Fentimans (all flavours) for each guest.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

We love checking our lottery tickets (when we remember to get them!) so for us this was our bit of 'fun' to be added.

We are giving them as favours in a little booklet saying good luck etc, and then going to ask the DJ to announce the numbers later on in the evening.

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

We are giving the men scratch cards and the women have thorntons choclates that have our initials and a heart.

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

I like the ide of mixing and matching & the gift bags are a lovley idea. I went the 'lazy' way and just did chocolate favours - this was partly because we had 180 guests and it was a lot of work! We did get our my favourite chocolates - Lily O'Briens & put a tag on them to make it a little more personal.

These were ours:

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks a lot for all the great idea's girls..when I thought I had a lot of choose from now have more to add to the list lol, so many good ones, know I won't be getting any and its for the guests but love making things like this up Smiley smile
    Love the pound stretcher jars, can imagine them with a wee ribbon & tag on them would look lovely. And t4yto love those little boxes they look really pretty and expensive Smiley smile
    Oh & i'm Glaswegian so tablet i'm well aware of hehe Smiley smile Love the stuff but avoiding it for now til I lose this weight haha, guests are getting some after their buffet meal & then some wedding cake Smiley smile

Thanks again for all the great replies!!

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove tablet!!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too! I really do think it's one of the best things ever haha x

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those jars are cute Kjay

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We're having little personalised bags of pic & mix and with our photo booth we're getting key rings for guests to put there pictures in so were going to double them up as favours

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had that the other day, I thought my teeth were gonna drop out!! So sweeeeetttttt!!

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content

Haha it's very sweet and I can only manage a teeny bit before my teeth scream but it's a bit different and gives a nod to the Scottish side who are quite underrepresented at the wedding as my family is huge and his is tiny!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Nic Smiley smile

MatthewsMum, I have got tags stamped up ready so the name and menu choice will be attached to the jars.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

IMO it's not a Scottish wedding without some Tablet!! I'll be serving my mum's homemade stuff with coffee after the meal. To be honest I find it too sweet, but I can see why people love it! We feed it to any guests we have at work from overseas, knocks their socks off!

• George85
    Beginner August 2013
    George85 ·
    • Hide content

We aregetting married on the 17th August, as favours we are having:

miniture bottles of Jagermeister, personalised love hearts, temporary vintage tattoos, and a 'support local roller derby' pin badge.

Was we are having an Elvis impersonator we are also having pairs of plastic Elvis sunglasses on the table.

pretty weird collection of stuff really. lol.

• lauzd
    Beginner August 2013
    lauzd ·
    • Hide content

Hi ?

We're having two favours.......small tree saplings (cherry or oak hopefully) in a small jute bag from the lovely people at http://www.treemendouscards.co.uk/

I'm also making gingerbread for everyone putting them plain into cellophane bags and having a pot in the middle of each table with a variety of writing icing and smarties in so everyone can decorate their own Smiley smile

xxx

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Once again thanks for all the replies and great ideas Smiley smile

ATB - Definitely not a Scottish wedding without some tablet haha, it is so sweet but I love it ..very sweet toothed lol. Yeah anyone not from here always loves it, haven't tasted anything like it haha Smiley smile

Love the vintage tattoos & gingerbread men ideas..really unusual Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics