Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2015

Wedding Favours

suedave, 20 of November of 2014 at 14:11 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hi,

I can't decide what wedding favors to have, We have 150 people, only really want to spend up to about £1.70 each. We are having a cadbury theme wedding, so was thinking Chocolate, but then was a bit worried with it melting as we are having an august wedding. Can you please let me know yor ideas?

Thanks in advance

xx

18 replies

Latest activity by Banderbear16, 12 of May of 2015 at 11:43
  • S
    Beginner May 2016
    Sparty ·
    • Hide content

I had lots of elaborate ideas for ours but have decided on something very simple and cheap in the end. We are getting married in Sorrento (so my ideas included mini bottles of limoncello, bottles of peroni, sugared almonds, biscotti and about every other Italian thing you can name!!!).

Have decided on little muslin bags with lemon flavoured sweets inside - lemon bonbons or lemon sherbets depending on what is easiest to get hold of. I wanted to go with something lemon as we are having our reception in a lemon garden restaurant and this fits nicely but since it is abroad and we will also have a UK celebration we need to keep costs on the added extras as low as possible.

I think chocolate should be ok if you get something that has a hard shell - like mini eggs? That should stop them becoming too messy - but maybe your venue will be able to keep them cool until just before you arrive for your reception? Worth asking maybe?

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

We've got 2finger kit kats that are having personalised wrappers made to replace the originals. The wrappers will have our name and date on, plus the name of the guest, so they will double up as place settings. I got the kitkats in tesco, and the wrappers are being made by a lady on ebay. Total cost works out about 40p each!

We can choose any design we like for the wrappers, so loads of ability to co-ordinate it with our colour scheme etc.

• millbankandkent
    millbankandkent ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We have supplied coloured mini envelopes before with print on the front if required or decoration and you can put a lottery ticket in each one. You could have the Cadbury Purple shade envelope. There is always that thrill for a few seconds hoping you have hit the jackpot!.

You would not have the worry of melting chocolate also ...

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

My idea is no favours! Spend the money on a candyfloss machine or wedding entertainment instead.

People don't expect favours, they are not compulsory.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

We are having traditional sugared almonds x

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

Is it wrong to say I was a bit miffed when there were no favours at a friends wedding recently? I always look forward to my favour!

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

How about something that links in?
    We're having mini personalised heinz tomato sauce jars because we're having fish and chips

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

We're having chocolate cake pops. Favours aren't compulsory by any means but I do think they're a nice touch but need to fit with the theme etc. I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago, the favours were imperial mints in simple boxes. They were enough. Later they had a full on sweetie cart and a candy floss machine. The candy floss was ace, but the sweeties were hardly touched as people were still stuffed from the wedding breakfast and the buffet. Plus they had cup cakes for their cake. I do think people need to think carefully about doing too much. It's such an easy trap to fall into xxx

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here you go --- cadbury purple favours and chocolate and also place names all in one.

I wouldnt worry about them melting, but if you are then the venue could keep them in the fridge untill the last min, the venue may well also have air con

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AMAZING! That would look the dogs danglies!

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

nope I agree + I love favor and I keep all the special little thing, it just cheep to cut corners... people gave up their whole day to help you celebrate and trust me not many people enjoy weddings as much as the people on here so cutting out the little thank yous for guests is just :s

to the OP favors dont need to cost much, personally think creativity is the main thing... heres some ideas:

ebay - 28p each

rakuten.co.uk - 200 for 24.19 (12p each)

easyfloristsupplies.co.uk - 95p each

ebay - 48p each

lightinthebox.co.uk - 40p each

lightinthebox.co.uk - 91p each

• H
    Beginner April 2015
    Helenosaurus ·
    • Hide content

I wanted a really personal wedding favour that was cute, a little quirky, and suited both us and our wedding [which is going to be vintagey and pastelly...not themed exactly, but just very US]. After going through a lot of ideas, we decided on vintage teacups, with heart shaped tea bags that I am making, which will have a blend of tea that my fiance put together; and they will also act as place names [we did consider filling some of them with coffee for the guests we know don't like tea too].

My biggest worry though is that people will leave them! Since they aren't exactly dinky little things that can be pocketed or bagged, or edible things. Where will people put them for the rest of the evening? If people do leave them, I get some cute tea cups at least! Ha.

The kids are having activity bags, which are acting as favours for them!

• H
    Beginner April 2015
    Helenosaurus ·
    • Hide content

Haha, It was easy really, he just bought a variety of different tea leaves of teas he likes, and an infuser, and played around with the amounts of them all until he found a really yummy one! It probably sounds fancier than it is! He is a bit of a tea fiend so that job is his; I am in charge of sewing hearts into tea bags!

• km329
    Savvy August 2021
    km329 ·
    • Hide content

Were having cancer research brooches. would rather give the money to charity although must admit that those bars of choc look great!

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds85 ·
    • Hide content

We love Agatha Christie, we are walking out of the church to the BBC Joan Hickson theme and our tables are named after Miss Marple books. I have this idea of giving everyone an Agatha Christie book with a yellow ribbon and a stamp inside. Do people think that's rubbish!?

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

We had miniatures for adults (and non-pregnant guests) as it was also a way to give everyone a drink.

Kids and pregnant / teetotal guests got little jars of jelly beans.

I have to say though that choc shouldn't melt.... unless you're having your wedding breakfast outside? As has already been suggested, if you really are worried then get venue to keep it in the fridge till the tables are set up.

• B
    Beginner October 2016
    Banderbear16 ·
    • Hide content

Hellandglory - can I ask where you got the mini ketchup bottles from? This is exactly what I've been looking for! ? Thanks x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics