Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner July 2021

Wedding Favours

Natalie_G123, 29 of June of 2017 at 10:52 Posted on Planning 0 23

Hi everyone,

Is anybody doing wedding favours for the tables? Struggling to think of different favours that my guests will actually enjoy receiving!!

Any help and ideas would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

X

23 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousYellowDiamonds486, 20 of September of 2017 at 16:38
  • H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Favours are effectively optional, and unless they're edible usually get left behind.

Sweets and charity pins are quite popular.

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

We did gingerbread and love hearts, they were all well received Smiley smile

Edible is the way to go if you don't want them left behind I think Smiley smile

X

• J
    Beginner September 2018
    JoAndRob2018 ·
    • Hide content

A cool (and cheap) idea at a wedding I recently attended was fake tattoos! Sounds strange but everyone really got into it, including the expected joker who applied a tattoo to his face! They provided a real talking point!

• G
    Beginner April 2018
    GeorgieBea89 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the above post about them being edible. After the wedding breakfast most people will get up and leave the table, leaving their favours behind.

We are doing something personal to us for our favours. I'm a baker with a small cake business, so I'm baking cupcakes in our colour theme for the favours, and also doubling them up as place names too - I'll make cupcake toppers with each guest's names on. Killing two birds with one stone! It's something different and hopefully will go down well as guests can eat the cupcake during the speeches - or if they're anything like me who loves dessert, they can devour it before the starter comes out!

One idea is to get personalised M&Ms with your names / wedding date on, and buy little organza bags to put a handful in for each guest. We're doing this for our 'thanks for coming' party bags / hangover kits at the end of the evening, but it would work equally as well for table favours, and guests can snack on them throughout the day!

Hope this helps Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner July 2021
    Natalie_G123 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the ideas, love them all!

we also have 23 children coming to the day who would need favours too? Any ideas for them? Maybe just colouring sets etc??

xx

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Kids are easy: colouring sets, sweets, bubbles or depending on their age, maybe some of those mini travel games?

Weddings are exceptionally long for children, so any kind of boredom buster or bribe will go down well

• S
    Beginner March 2020
    SunnyPurpleCakes784 ·
    • Hide content

We were thinking of having MIND charity pins as our friendly recently committed suicide. We thought it would be a good way to remember and include him in our day and donate to charity at the same time. We don't really mind if people leave these behind to be honest! Smiley smile

If we weren't having those, we would probably have something edible. Maybe personalised love hearts? Whatever you choose, i'm sure it will be lovely! x

• S
    Beginner November 2018
    SunnyGoldHair679 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I agree with the above comments! Unless it is edible or drinkable or usable on the day (like the tattoos!) then it will probably be left behind which would be a shame!

I went to a wedding recently where the bride gave little bottles of homemade 'brew', which I think was essentially a cheap liqueur, but it went down a treat and everyone loves a free drink!

I make cupcakes for friends and family a lot and as I am having an autumnal themed wedding i thought of making seasonal flavours like toffee apple and pumpkin pie but was worried about the extra stress before the wedding! I LOVE your idea GeorgieBea89 of having cupcakes as place names as well, that's such a lovely idea!!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

We had fortune cookies for ours, & when we cleared up the next day there were only two left, out of 80, so not bad!

We also had a tattoo station which appears to have been the talking point of the day!

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

We did candles for the ladies and hot wheels cars for the men (OH is really into cars) I didn't see a single one left behind Smiley smile

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

We did charity pins for adults, and had a few left over, but I'm going to take them in to the charity shop so they can resell them. For the kiddies we did lobster favours - it's a local lobster sanctuary and we got to name them and got certificates for the kids (as well as a toy lobster). I also got massive busy books for the kids from lidl. They were about £3 a kid, and some pencils/glow sticks. The kids favours were about £6 a head, adults were £1.

However, I have worked way way too many weddings where the kid bores of the small toy/book and then kicks off. So I went overboard!! I did not have a peep out of the kids all evening and they all took their bsy bags home (and used them on the trip home!!)

• A
    Beginner April 2016
    Apey ·
    • Hide content

Hi Natalie Smiley smile

We ordered Heart brooches from The Heartfelt Project. They were one of my favourite parts of the wedding actually Smiley smile

The cost went to a good cause and everyone ended up wearing them which was so lovely to see!

We ordered them in colours to match our theme. Highly recommend!

https://www.theheartfeltproject.com/collections/hearts/products/heart-brooches

For the kids, we did what everyone else has suggested. Activity books, bubbles, sweets, 'Photo Booth' style props (moustaches etc.) and a disposable camera.

xx

• N
    Beginner July 2021
    Natalie_G123 ·
    • Hide content

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the lovely ideas I've added them all to my wedding book!

X

• S
    Beginner January 2018
    SunnyGreenStationery800 ·
    • Hide content

I do think favours are lovely and you can make them very personal. But I've been to so many weddings when they've been left behind and it's such a shame if you've gone to all that effort. I don't think people would miss them so if could be a cost saving for you.

Just like quite a few others we decided to a compromise something personal but something they couldn't leave behind. We're donating money to a special needs Cat rescue as we have to disabled Cats. We really wanted to include them in the day somehow (every knows how besoted we are with them!). We're also very charitable people so it fit us quite well. We're just printing off a little bit of paper with a note on saying in honour of our cats we've donated money to x charity. We might've have gone with a pin etc but the charity we want to support is too small to make them.

Good luck and have a great day!

• N
    Beginner July 2021
    Natalie_G123 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

I'm still thinking about favours. I like the idea of the shots but the other half isn't too keen. Has anyone done shots? If so did they go down well and what did you do for the people that didn't have shots as my mum and nan wouldn't like them and I'd want them to have a favour too.

Thanks.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Just a note on shots that it may be an idea to put it past your venue first as there could be a corkage issue

• J
    Beginner May 2018
    Jenijen ·
    • Hide content

An alternative idea would be to do a raffle. Buy a few good quality gifts (spa voucher, champagne etc), give everyone a raffle ticket and let the flower girls pick the winners. Nobody ends up with tat they don't want and a few people get a really good quality gift

• N
    Beginner July 2021
    Natalie_G123 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice about the corkage I wouldn't of thought of it being a problem!

Love the idea of the raffle but I think I'd like everyone to get a favour to keep or use etc.

XX

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I know that tablet is traditionally a Scottish thing but it's really easy to make and yummy too! My friends had tablet love hearts at their wedding as their favours and they went down a treat with everyone.

something like the below but can easily be made in the house without buying it online:

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/philraostudiotwo/product/scottish-tablet-heart-wedding-favours?istCompanyId=aa76f5e6-d733-4e56-8409-574cea196cc9&istItemId=xmxmtiixrq&istBid=t&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx6XZjfqJ1gIVyCnTCh3HHgtaEAQYASABEgJwHfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CM6x95D6idYCFeki0wod4VUNYw

• Montysmum
    Beginner March 2018
    Montysmum ·
    • Hide content

We're having boozy lollipops, you can pick flavours and get them printed with your name, date etc

[View:https://www.hollyslollies.co.uk/product-category/wedding/:250:250]

• E
    Beginner October 2017
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti904 ·
    • Hide content

I'm buying really nice boxes of French chocolates for each table and a card asking guests to help themselves.

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticGreenFlowers901 ·
    • Hide content

That's is anexcellent idea! I think we'll do away with wedding favours but if we have to it'll have to something edible too. We have far too many wedding favours gathering dust. ?

• B
    Beginner August 2018
    BlushBride2Be ·
    • Hide content

I'm making wine glass charms. They will have everyone's name on them so will double up as place settings and help people to know which is their glass when mingling Smiley smile. I'll decorate with beads and hearts etc and things I think are personal to each guest so I'm hoping they will take them home after! For the very few little ones (including our own 7 year old by then) I'll have some sweets or a cookie or something edible.

• L
    Beginner September 2017
    LuxuriousYellowDiamonds486 ·
    • Hide content

One sister gave everyone a scratch card in a "lucky in love" envelope.

Other sister gave 5 sugared almonds (traditional).

A friend gave everyone a spreadbet (I'm still waiting to see if mine wins)!

Meanwhile I have just finished making my favours - 50 jars of homemade marmalade and 50 jars of chili jam (so every other place setting). Worked out about £1.50 each. They took a lot of efffort! But, if any of them get left behind on the day I really don't mind because I have loved making them and I know my OH and I will use them ourselves - they are very 'us'.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics