Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner May 2016

Wedding favours for teens...

ExpensivePinkCars201, 1 of April of 2016 at 08:58 Posted on Planning 0 5

I suppose the title pretty much says it all. We're having scratch cards for our adult guests, but obviously this isn't really suitable for anyone under 18!

We have a few children aged between 5 and 8 who will probably be fine with a colouring book or something similar but I also have some aged between 10 and 16 (boys and girls) who would probably be less impressed at the prospect of a colouring book! I don't want to do sweets as we have a sweetie cart and there will be more cake than you can shake a stick at so any sort of cake/biscuit is also out.

I'm trying to think of what I would have liked at that age but that only gives me a teenage girl's perspective. I don't mind doing different things for girls and boys so any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks guys and gals!

5 replies

Latest activity by Tidal Wave, 1 of April of 2016 at 12:17
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

You can make scratch cards I think (saw it on Pinterest lol) so maybe you could make some little Wedding ones for the teens?

They could 'win' a free mocktail or something at the bar?

Otherwise, a little organza bag with a nice Nail polish and file for the girls and a little game for the boys? I remember my brother had a 'magic' card deck and he could 'read' which card it was from the back. He loved it and it wasn't very expensive I don't think.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Good ideas stephisaur been struggling thinking on this one. The only thing I came up with for younger end boys was either magic tricks or puzzles. Split a set and put just one item in a little bag for each. Nail varnish was a good idea for girls.

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

To be honest it depends on the teen as to what they like, just such a huge minefield... if I was doing scratch cards i'd probably do the same for ALL guest, I loved scratch cards as a kid - legally I couldnt buy or claim it but I could scratch them off and then my parents did the rest, I was quite lucky as a kid and won quite a bit ? surely your child guests have older gardians that could claim the price

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

With a large number of friends and family being in the police, I'm not sure how it would go down haha! Don't want to be marched out in handcuffs!

Love the magic trick idea, I was thinking along the lines of lip gloss/nail varnish for girls so glad to know I'm on the right track!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha built in entertainment. The kids can practise their own trick then perform it round the tables lol. Sorry.. Wierd humour!

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

I'm not up to speed on what's cool for teenagers, but, after seeing the make your own scratchcards could you not do a quiz where the answer is only available once you rubbed it off? So for the boys football trivia like "Name the five FA Cup Winners beginning with the letter C" then let them rub it out to reveal the answer, which is btw: Chelsea 2000, Coventry 1987, Charlton Athletic 1947, Cardiff City 1927, Clapham Rovers 1880. For the girls, I have no idea, maybe What's Harry Styles's birthday? I'm not down the kids ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics