Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

caweena
Beginner

Wedding Favours - how many?

caweena, 22 February, 2011 at 12:51 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi, I'm getting married in less than 8 weeks so starting to think about all those little details as you do!

My mum is really keen for us to have wedding favours and a family friend has offered to make tablet for us.. my only issue is we have about 200 people coming for the evening reception and 1) is it fair to ask someone to make enough tablet for that many people 2) do I need to have a favour box per person because they're not that cheap! Even on ebay/amazon (my current best friends!!!)

What do you all think?

5 replies

Latest activity by caweena, 22 February, 2011 at 14:28
  • FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

First of all, tablet is dead easy to make so don't worry too much about that ?

Also, are you having a seperate day and evening do because I would only provide favours for those who are coming to the day and have a seat for the wedding breakfast - this should cut your numbers down massively!

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

I'm only having favours for seated guests too- my costs would rocket otherwise!

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

I'm only doing wedding favours for the daytime guests. We'll have them at their place setting on the tables.

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I always thought that favours are part of the table settings to be honest - how else would you make sure that everyone got one unless you hired a goon to hand them out as people arrived? You could always just have them on the buffet table or something in a big basket with a little sign so people know what they are.

I've never been an evening guest and been given a favour, I wouldn't expect it either

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love you for saying this!! I have to say I've never actually noticed favours being given out at any wedding I've been involved in (I work in a hotel and we have about 30-40 weddings a year of various sizes) but I wasn't sure.. weight off my mind :-)

Card and envelopes arrived today for my invites so I'd better get printing!!

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics