Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2012

Wedding Favours- Please Help!

cazlwood, 13 April, 2011 at 16:01 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone,

I'm getting married in July 2011 and can't decide on what favours to have for my guests.

We are looking to find some favours which are unusal and involve either helping the environment in some way or helping a charity.
We are really open to all suggestions as we haven't decided fully on what we want to do.
Also how much does everyone pay roughly for their favours? How much per person or table is everyone spending on these?

We'd really appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Caroline & Jamie

4 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 14 April, 2011 at 13:52
  • Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Any particular type of charity? How about these

https://aweddinglessordinary.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=3866

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

If I was you, I'd chose a charity or similar cause thats personal or of interest to you and make a little placecard saying 'A donation has been made in your name to *insert charity name*

Like these...

Or these handmade ones I found on google...

They could double up as place names too!

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    cazlwood ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions, does anyone have any other ideas for charity favours or favours to do with the environment, we'd love to hear them.

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

We bought seed paper as our wedding favours so people can plant them and grow flowers, is that environmental enough? You can also get tree samplings which I did think about but they are obviously a bit more pricey

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I think the seed idea is lovely!

Also Oxfam do a pack of mix favours - things like buckets, vacinations, chickens etc.

https://onlineshop.oxfam.org.uk/ethical-collection-books-and-stationery/HN287920

Think this is a great idea. If possible - How about favours like this which are representative of you and your OH's jobs. Eg if you are teacher, there are teach a child for a day vouchers, nurse there is vaccination etc.

If you fancied something bigger could you buy a favour per table, make a sign and perhaps a small favour. I quite like their buy a child a desk and chair gift. Then you could give each guest at the table a pencil with your wedding details on it etc?

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics