Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs2013
Beginner August 2013

Wedding Favours - Please Share

Mrs2013, 21 of February of 2012 at 08:34 Posted on Planning 0 106

Please share your wedding favours with me - although I dont get married until 2013, this is one thing I am looking forward to and want to make sure I have something lovely.

Thanks ladies

xX

106 replies

Latest activity by chocolatetiger1, 24 of August of 2012 at 14:57
  • N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I wasn't going to do favours as I think they are a waste of money however we've decided to give charity badges so I think for all the children I will give a great ormand street badge and then for adults something different but haven't decided what yet, may even do one for men and one for women. Also might put a jar of mints on the table!

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

I was cheap & i have got black organza bags with little silver chocoalte hearts in.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

We'll be doing iced cookies (home made) in cellophane bags with labels on that will double as place names.

Are you having a theme?

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We had so much sweet stuff in the wedding breakfast that we thought more would just not be noticed, plus we wanted to do something more significant to "us" so we got Lymphoma and Leukaemia Research (H had Hodgkin's lymphoma in 2010) pin badges and cards, which also doubled as our place cards. A handful of them got left behind, but you can see loads of them on our guests in the evening pics which is lovely!

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing Home made jam for the ladies and chutney for the men. I'm collecting all different sizes and shapes of jars and am going to cover the lids with pretty material probably all mismatching but floral pink to fit in with my colour scheme and am gonig to put a luggage label on each with the guests name so they double as place settings :-)

JUst need to find the material and some pretty ribbon!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea!!!

I thought it would be something I'd find inspiration about easily, but I've really come stuck on this and haven't bought anything/made any decisions. I have a weekend pencilled in with one of my bridesmaids to spend time putting them together but at this rate we'll have nothing to do!

• Moschops
    Beginner March 2014
    Moschops ·
    • Hide content

Being as we are welsh and us having a loose welsh theme, (daffodils as our main flowers, few other welshy things), we are making chocolate welsh lovespoons for the ladies and chocolate welsh dragons for the men, with sweets in a clear plastic dragons for the children.

Going to put the chocs in clear cello bags and tie with ribbon and attach a name tag in our colour theme. ?

• Gem_k
    Beginner July 2012
    Gem_k ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

we are having black horse and carraige favour boxes filled with personalised M&M sweets. Our theme is Ivory and Black and we got engaged in Central Park NY so that is how it all ties in.

Gem x

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

We're doing these lovely illustrated magnets of local scenes (Bristol and Bath). 99% of our guests are from out of town - many from abroad - so we thought it was a nice wedding favour and souvenir of their visit.

My OH also wants to do personalised biscuits. We're hoping to have shamrock shaped biscuits iced in red, white, and blue (he's Irish and I'm American).

• Mrs2013
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs2013 ·
    • Hide content

All these ideas sound fab - love the donations idea too Smiley smile

I havent got a theme or colour scheme yet

thanks ladies keep them coming x

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

We're having lottery ticket favours for the previous draw and we'll read the numbers out during the wedding breakfast.

• becomingmrsevans
    Beginner August 2012
    becomingmrsevans ·
    • Hide content

We're doing personalised badges as place name, the idea being to help break the ice - so evening guests are also getting one. Then as actual favours a lego man with the idea it will represent that person, OH is a big lego fan, and some personalised M&Ms to fit our colour scheme. So a few really!

• Taylory
    Beginner July 2014
    Taylory ·
    • Hide content

I am having a small wedding but so prob wont do favours but we are having individual cupcakes which i guess can double up as a favour Smiley smile x

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    LeicesterBride ·
    • Hide content

We're not doing favours. Don't get it, really.

Mind oyu, we're not doing a lot of things which are considered to be 'traditional' as they just don't do it for us. Like flowers, we're having none. And cars - we'll just get taxis (or family will drive and we'll get taxis home and collect cars in the morning!). I have to say that I *love* looking at pictures of weddings with all the traditional trappings, but it's just not really us and I think our wedding will be more personal for looking different in that sense ? (we're hoping that's the case, rather than people thinking it's a bit odd and nothing like a wedding!!

• Mrs2013
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs2013 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is an idea I was thinking on!

I am sure they will all look fab, I have been to a few without them and didnt even notice Smiley smile xx

• Zoexx
    Beginner July 2012
    Zoexx ·
    • Hide content

We are having small jars filled with our favourite sweets, their names will be on them so will double up as name tags.

• *AJS*
    Beginner December 2012
    *AJS* ·
    • Hide content

We are donating to charity too. My nan passed away in December after having a stroke so we are donating to the Stroke Association. They do not have badges so we are making little cards to sit on the table to tell people we have donated as their favour.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I made wine glass charms with guest's initials on them and turquoise stone beads/chips.

Got all the bits off eBay and they worked out to be about 25p each!

I had them placed on the glasses and then left little blue organza bags at their place setting with a little card inside.

• Taylory
    Beginner July 2014
    Taylory ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley smile the lady who is doing our ones, also supplies clear individual boxes for the cakes so the guest can take one home Smiley smile x

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

We are having jars of honey with place names attached. It was going to be homemade jam/chutney but OH found a special deal on these through his work so we went for these instead!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

We are doing little boxes (sourced from Ebay 10 for 99p) with sweets in.

We have been to wedding that have done: donations to oxfam (each guest had a card that bought a bucket, a spade etc....), poppy seeds, home emade shortbread with their initials in icing and small jars of home made jam & marmalde.

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

We're not having any cos we didn't want anything food-y as we are having a 5 course dinner, and we didn't want anything that looked cheap, so it would have meant us spending about £5 pp, so we've decided to knock it on the head.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I made these. Mini plant pots with a small bag of soil wrapped in the netting. Then small organza bag in too with seeds in

• Mrs2013
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs2013 ·
    • Hide content

Loving all these ideas!

I love the cupcake and the flower pot idea x

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

We have these in 5 different flavours

• Mrs2013
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs2013 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love these where are they from xx

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mrs2013,

The website is https://www.mrsbridges.co.uk/shop/browse.php?catid=19 - I emailed them direct and they made up smaller pots for me which I am just tying a little bit of organza ribbon around with a small tag saying thank you - hope this helps! xx

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

we are having something similar to this but in our colours. I don't think favours are necessary but OH likes the idea.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

For our day guests, they got a little organza bags with a couple of sweets and a packet of personalised love hearts that said 'Thank You from Mr & Mrs RKB'

In the evening we hadreusable red mitten shaped handwarmers for all the guests to use while outside watching the fireworks.

• Mrs2013
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs2013 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I lovethis idea - so they made up smaller pots for you?

Thats fab

x

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lisa - how are you making the chocolates? Do you have a mould?

• Moschops
    Beginner March 2014
    Moschops ·
    • Hide content

/quote]

Lisa - how are you making the chocolates? Do you have a mould?

Hi yes I've got a mould, had them off ebay, the lovespoons are a dbl mould while the dragon is on it's own.

I know it will be a bit time consuming but as it's chocolate we are going to start making them about a week b4 a few at a time and jst bag them and store them in the fridge, then cpl days b4 add the ribbon and tags, after obviously sampling some to make sure they're ok!! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics