Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle772012
Beginner July 2012

Wedding Fayre alone???

Michelle772012, 28 September, 2011 at 20:52 Posted on Planning 0 15

Anyone been to a wedding fayre alone, my grandmother just cancelled on me and i really want to go as its the only one close to me next weekend 9th oct, my moh is on a cruise and otther bm's only day with her family so dont want to ask my oh hates all things shopping related even for the wedding and i dont know what to expect will the suppliers think im odd if i turn up alone x

15 replies

Latest activity by BigRedCandle, 29 September, 2011 at 18:33
  • Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content

I haven't but I would! You'll probably see more and can focus on exactly what you need to without anyone to distract you!

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    MrsLeighToBe ·
    • Hide content

WSS.

I have been to about 5 on my own. You get the time to talk to suppliers without having to worry about who is accompanying you and you don't have other people influencing what you want. I will do it again, I found it not problem and feel that you were taken more seriously on your own as opposed to going on a "girly" day trip out with a bunch of people.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies thats made me feel better i dont usually have the confidance to walk into a place on my own but with a theme to my wedding wanted a little inspiration, i did call my aunt and told her nan had cancelled and she said well your into all this weddingy stuff not everyone is i told her i understand that but if my mum were alive its something i feel she would have done with me throughout this whole process i kind of feel like im missing out does that make sense?? x

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    MrsLeighToBe ·
    • Hide content

It does make sense hun, i feel slightly the same although my mum is alive - she is just not that interested which breaks my heart. My sister and OHs sister are BMs and are always working/live too far away to accompany me. So sometimes you have got to do what you have got to do and go on your own. x

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

Where is it? maybe another hitcher could hook up wtih you! heehee

• Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content

I COMPLETELY understand. my great Nan (my Nan Nan) was/is very important to me and died nearly 20yrs ago, I went dress shopping last week, I took a little brooch of hers with me, no one knew, in fact no one knows that I carry it with me all the time. Maybe take a little something of your mums with you and if you feel nervous then hold it in your hand. You're never on your own, I know that's how my Nan Nan's brooch makes me feel. Hope you're ok xx

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

I have tears because your all so lovely im going to Bath Pavillion x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I like it when brides come on their own because I feel I can chat to them properly without having to try and please everyone. Even suppliers can be stuck in the middle when everyone has different options so if you came to my stand alone I'd love to chat to you and wouldn't think anything of you being on your own. Don't be scared ?. You'll get tons of general chit chat from people who want to hear about your plans so you won't feel alone, honestly. x

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Lots of people come to wedding fairs on their own. Some times they come with their OH and he has to go off for a walk so they can try things on. Also it's a great excuse to give people the slip as you can say well that's great I need to have a chat with my OH, he's working, watching football what ever you want.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I went to a small one on my own the other week. I found it really good as I have most big things booked, so I was specifically hunting out make-up artists, kilt suppliers, and a few other things that needed sorted. I think I would find a large one daunting alone though if I had never been to one before.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I went with my H2b, BUT for a large part of the day, I was browsing alone. I wanted to look at some dress shops and accessories that would have maybe given a clue to the type of dress. H2b wasn't that interested in dresses (thank god!) so he went off for a coffee while I looked at things like that, and he just looked at cakes, invitations, gift list people, etc etc (i.e. everything that the men generally have input into) Without exception the stallholders were fine to chat to and didn't make me feel awkward being on my own. I'm also nervous walking into places on my own, but I think you'll be fine, especially if it's quite a big, busy fair Smiley smile

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Morning ladies i have been reading all ur comments which has really boosted me to do it by myself but am on my mobile as in bed with sickness bug so only popping on and off my oh has stayed home from work to look after our baby but she seems to have it too ☹️ very poorly house today will pop on again after a little sleep thank you so mucch for ur confidance boosting advice xxxx

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

Have been on my own and would again - much easier to get on with the fiddly little bits (and serious decisions) without worrying if the others are bored/hungry etc. Going to Westpoint on my own next weekend as I need to do accessories, shoes and flowers. OH suggested he'd rather have all his toe and fingernails forcibly removed (he's helped choosing venue, church, food and guest list) and is in charge of the honeymoon!

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

I've been to two with Mr R and he was so bored all day we ended up leaving after about 5 minutes. Will be going alone or with a girl next time!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics