Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner June 2013

wedding Fayre exhibiters

chez1988, 30 March, 2012 at 12:49 Posted on Planning 0 2

After been to many wedding Fayres I suggested to my boss we should hold one in the north east at our venue So doing a little bit of market research and thought you people planning your wedding/in the industry would be the best people to ask 1. Any bussiness in the wedding industry have you paid for a stall at fayres? If so how much 2. Particularly in the North east what have been peoples likes/dislikes of wedding fayres 3. Any ideas of how can make a wedding fayre that little bit different/special Thank you in advance for any input Smiley smile

2 replies

Latest activity by 3d jewellery, 31 March, 2012 at 07:37
  • greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

If you want to pm me i can help out, I have helped with the organisation of a few and have exhibited at many. which venue is it btw?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I used to attend wedding fairs when I made the transition from working with fresh flowers to artificial mail order which is about 9 years ago but don't exhibit nowadays. For me personally, the ones I attended were a waste of time and money. I think they need to be extremely well organised, advertised and limited to only so many of one type of supplier. The ones I went to were awash with photographers who were pouncing on everyone as they walked in but not many other types of suppliers.

I'm in West Yorkshire so not quite the North East of the country but in my area, there tends to be at least one or two wedding fairs every week. There a handful of fairs which are known for being well advertised and well visited but these tend to be very expensive to attend. The average sized wedding fair costs around £50-£100 for one 6ft table. Larger events such as the Harrogate one can be in excess of £250. I know they work for some people but for me, I can take more bookings from Google on a Sunday at home for free than attending a wedding fair in person.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I also used to do lots of wedding fairs when I started out. Most were a complete waste of a day I could be there for 6 hours and see 6 people. I now only do 2 venues in spring and autumn which I know will bring visitors in. However there have been low number sthere too at times. A catwalk is an absolute must. Maasive press and radio advertising. Huge roadside banners. these all increase the cost to exhibitors I pay £160 but don't usually cover my costs on the day and like Branda get a better return from Google. Also I think there are now too many wedding fairs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics