Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

rainbowbride
Beginner October 2014

Wedding Fayre who to take?

rainbowbride, 24 of August of 2012 at 13:22 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi all,

wondered about wedding fayre's - do you go with friends and make it a 'girly day out' or take the OH?

i would like th OH to come as i would like his input and see what he likes and give him ideas, but not sure what was the 'done thing'?

x

19 replies

Latest activity by zebralea, 25 of August of 2012 at 15:29
  • sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

This! Took my OH to an open day at our venue and all i heard was - how long till we cand go?

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

I took my mum and sometimes my MOH. OH came to one with me and he was so bored...and disappointed that there wasn't as much cake as I'd promised! He was soooooo bored!

• rainbowbride
    Beginner October 2014
    rainbowbride ·
    • Hide content

OH being bored isnt really an option, he is full steam ahead in to the wedding and has come up with some great idea's that i love. i want his input 100% its our day not mine therefore i want some ideas to come from him. Just wasnt sure if it was going to a room full of ladies and him - as i wouldnt want him to feel out of place but he is very much up for coming along ?

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, there will be men there. Most of the wedding fayres I've been to there have been lots of men there. I don't think there is a definite way of doing it, I've seen dad's with their daughters at them Smiley smile

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    KLS013 ·
    • Hide content

I took my OH to one, once, never again. He very loudly said 'uh is that it, what a load of crap' very loudly. In fact loud enough for most of the room to hear, ok it was a very small local wedding fayre, but even still.

I don't have a bridesmaid so will be taking myself off to the NWS in earls court next month

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This would be my OH. We did go to one on the spur of the moment just after we got engaged, all those many moons ago, and he quite enjoyed it, but he was definitely disappointed. I don't know what he expected it to be, and neither did he really. IF your boy is already being helpful then yeh take him along, just might have to boot him outside for a bit if you see any dresses you like Smiley smile

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you sure you didn't accidentally take my H2B with you? He is such a wedding grump. Now we are getting close, all I hear is how he is looking forward to it all being over and no more wedding talk (yet it was HIM that insisted we watched Dont tell the Bride last week...)

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Janey4 ·
    • Hide content

My OH would hate it!!

Taking Mum/Sister/friend when I start going to some!

• kyanya
    Beginner June 2013
    kyanya ·
    • Hide content

I took OH along to the first wedding fayre that we went to because we were considering the venue for our reception, and he practically imploded! He was just about coping with it until a bridezilla pushed in front of us when we were waiting to talk to a cake maker and then started loudly talking about all her wedding plans - OH ran out to the car park! It was too much for his brain, I think he was still coming to terms with being engaged, never mind thinking about colour schemes or table plans! Afterwards he said it was like hell on earth and he was never setting foot in another one!

But recently he asked why we haven't been to any wedding fayres for a while! He said that now we've got our venue and date sorted we can go and actually give the supplier a proper answer when they inevitably ask 'So, when are you getting married?' hehe.

But your OH will definitely not be the only man there and I'm sure all the other brides-to-be will look on in envy if he doesn't look like he's in his worst nightmare!

• samwiches
    Beginner August 2013
    samwiches ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to the national wedding show in Birmingham with my Mom and one of my BMs - I asked OH if he wanted to come, he said "Hell. No." ? I also asked my brother, who the afore mentioned BM happens to be marrying, he was like "Uhhh...yeah...I guess" which I took to actually mean no haha. So girly day for us!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I took my OH to the National Wedding Show and we got on pretty well with it, but he was very keen on wedding planning. The majority of people there were women, but there were a reasonable number of men looking varyingly enthusiastic! So if your OH is very involved then by all means take him.

I took my BMs to a smaller one as well and that was fun, but we didn't end up buying anything from there.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

It was my husbands idea to go to the wadding fayre we went to at a venue we liked. He was really interested in everything, the only thing he didnt like was looking at bridesmaid dresses, he was a bit bored, but he enjoyed everything else and was glad i was involving him and showing him everything that we needed to choose (although we went and got married a few months later not doing anything we planned!!)

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I see all sorts of combinations dependig on their reasons for being there. Couples if they are looking for suppliers like togs, cakes, stationers, venues etc, sometimes they have parents and inlaws and children with them, expensive do if there is an entry charge.

Sometimes just the bride and her mum looking at dresses and accessories, less often brides and their BMs and occassionally a bride on their own.

I see the same brides over and again as they come back to say I saw you last year and now I am getting married next month or I have come back with my BMs for tiaras and stuff like that.

• Princess.Cazz
    Beginner August 2013
    Princess.Cazz ·
    • Hide content

Ive always taken my OH as i want him to have a say in the wedding, i must say he seems to have enjoyed going, and we managed to get ideas for our wedding together. Just the way we did it, if he'd have got bored the CB would have come instead Smiley smile

• rachel2012
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

I went to 3 a girly one in liverpool, took OH to one (he hated it but I saw t as a right of passage for him) and then I went to one at my venue with my bridesmaids.

• Z
    Beginner December 2013
    zebralea ·
    • Hide content

Taking my one & only bridesmaid, at this moment just going to do the one in the NEC in a couple of months..

• Z
    Beginner December 2013
    zebralea ·
    • Hide content

Taking my one & only bridesmaid, at this moment just going to do the one in the NEC in a couple of months..

• Z
    Beginner December 2013
    zebralea ·
    • Hide content

Taking my one and only Bridesmaid to the one in the NEC in a couple of months. My OH works away a lot so i research everything and which stand out to me, and we work down the final list together...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics