Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious March 2025 Nottinghamshire

Wedding fayres - yes or no?

Samantha, 28 of February of 2024 at 22:45 Posted on Planning 0 6
What are your thoughts on wedding fayres - worth booking some? Has anyone found anything at one? Should i stay local to venue when looking for fayres?

6 replies

Latest activity by InfoHills, 18 of March of 2024 at 14:01
  • S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    I went to two; one at a venue we were considering though didn't book. But we found our photographer there. I also went to the wedding show at NEC in Birmingham which was a nice day out but overwhelming. It was a nice experience with a group of us, lots of ideas but tons of stuff you just dont need. I got my photobooth company there. I say it's best to try at least one for the experience
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon Online ·
    • Hide content

I think the best ones are the ones that are organised by the venue themselves because some that I have seen are businesses who make their money from fayres and if you advertise with them then you get preferential and cheaper display options, so consequently you may end up seeing the same suppliers at different venues and the suppliers may not be the usual ones that the venue recommends. Be wary for on the day special offers especially if it is to book there and then.

On the whole I would say yes - but don't expect your other half to be quite so enthusiastic for the 4th one after they have been to 3 Smiley xd

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It's quite a good way of gathering information on multiple different businesses at once. We only went to one (and only for the last bit - our real reason for being there was to check out the venue as a potential wedding reception location) but there were 3 or 4 photographers there, including the one we ended up choosing. It's particularly good for photographers as if you don't get on with someone at a wedding fayre, you are definitely not going to want them hanging around for hours on your wedding day!

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    We went to two, one local to the venue in North Wales, one was a big national one closer to us in Manchester. The big national one was only really any good for ideas, seeing floral displays & taking in the catwalk show. For me the suppliers were too far from the venue, but I knew that before going so set my expectation accordingly.
    The local one was more beneficial. We met some of our venues recommended suppliers & it was easy to rule out a couple we didn’t like, and there were some that we booked in the weeks after. I didn’t book anything on the day & any supplier who puts that kind of pressure on I’d just walk away from.
    I’d definitely do 1 or 2 for the experience and/or to specifically meet local suppliers, but at least for me after I did 2 I didn’t see any reason to do more of them.
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content

I would say go to one or two Smiley smile I went to a local one and a national one. Went to The NEC Wedding Show at the weekend. I got lots of ideas I wanted some wedding stationery companies and found a few there. At the local one I found my hairdresser Smiley smile. So worth exploring!

• I
    Beginner March 2024 Co Londonderry
    InfoHills ·
    • Hide content

Wedding fayres can offer a lot of value, especially if you're just starting your wedding planning process. They typically feature a variety of vendors, including florists, photographers, caterers, dress designers, and more, all under one roof. This allows you to compare services, styles, and prices in person.

Attending a wedding fayre can be an excellent source of inspiration. You can see the latest trends in wedding decor, attire, and themes, which can help you envision your own wedding day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics