Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner March 2017

Wedding flip flops

James_12345, 1 of February of 2016 at 10:17 Posted on Planning 0 17

Just saw the photos of my friends wedding and saw they had some wedding flip flops, and they looked great.

I saw them at the time but didn't take any (for my partner) because they went so quickly (and i cant actually rememberwhat size she is, but shh, dont tell her that 😉)!!

(people were even wearing them the next day at breakfast!!). Think i'll get some for my wedding (if the fiancee allows, and ill get some for men too!!)

17 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePinkConfetti273, 30 of March of 2016 at 21:03
  • daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

We are doing this at our wedding, we got the flip flops from primark at £1.50 a pair in a variety of sizes Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner March 2017
    James_12345 ·
    • Hide content

I think these were from a company that made them, the crate and had bags for each pair, which were very useful as I saw all the girls putting their heels in them when they switched! Ingeneous!

Plus they arent using sweat factories like some of the aforementioned cheap shops!! (and werent that much more, and a lot nicer than cheap flip flops from primark etc)

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I got 20 pairs for £30.00, much cheaper than I found on any of the flip flop websites. I also found the bags on ebay 20 for £5.00. I already have the ribbon from my invites to tie it all up and make it look pretty. A little bit of work for me but a huge saving which was important for me at such an expensive time.

Also, the Primark ones are actually really quite nice. Been to a few weddings that used them and if you get in when they first get their stock they have a huge range of colours. I was lucky and got mine around this time last year and they had the perfect colour for our wedding. We have made a little sign to hang on the front of the box and got a lovely wicker basket from the charity shop for 50p to put them in.

I appreciate that they are using cheap labour, but unfortunately for me and many of my friends we are not on salaries or in a position whereby primark is not an option for us.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I got 20 pairs for £30.00, much cheaper than I found on any of the flip flop websites. I also found the bags on ebay 20 for £5.00. I already have the ribbon from my invites to tie it all up and make it look pretty. A little bit of work for me but a huge saving which was important for me at such an expensive time.

Also, the Primark ones are actually really quite nice. Been to a few weddings that used them and if you get in when they first get their stock they have a huge range of colours. I was lucky and got mine around this time last year and they had the perfect colour for our wedding. We have made a little sign to hang on the front of the box and got a lovely wicker basket from the charity shop for 50p to put them in.

I appreciate that they are using cheap labour, but unfortunately for me and many of my friends we are not on salaries or in a position whereby primark is not an option for us.

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

I do like this idea but was wondering if people would actually use them? Some of your replies have answered this question though! My wedding is 1st October and im thinking it may not be the right time of year for flip flops? I like the socks idea. What about ballet flats, do you think they will work too?

• Click Clack Photo
    Click Clack Photo ·
    • Hide content

Hi James, I shot a wedding in 2013 where the bride had flip-flops on all day - loved it! That was the wedding theme actually and all the guests were encouraged to have a pair ready! Great idea! Here's the photos:

http://www.clickclackphoto.co.uk/amy-and-mike-the-parrot-inn-dorking/

I hope you do it! Mark.

• J
    Beginner March 2017
    James_12345 ·
    • Hide content

Whenever ive seen flip flops at a wedding (ok only 3 times) the have all gone bar maybe 1 or 2 pairs (probably because no one ever wants to be the person who takes the last pair!)

With regards to flip flops, socks and ballets, i think in october it might be too cold for flip flops!! haha

Having done a quick search for wedding slippers, these ones look amazing (very nice and warm!) They even look wedding dressy with the lace!

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, they are lovely James, thank you!!

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I saw this idea a while back and thought it was great but kind of forgot about it/shrugged it off as an added expense but your post has made me want them again!

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    kay_ ·
    • Hide content

Wow just had a look at the Primark website to see if I could order some online and they're 90p! /en/product/white-plain-flip-flop,r****

But you can't order online Smiley sad I really want to do this now too, especially if the guests do use them! Have you only bought the flip flops for the girls (because of heels), or men as well? I can't imagine the guys changing into flip-flops? So in theory I'd only have to cater for 50% of my guests? Smiley laugh

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure how many men are the same but I cant walk in the things, I tried and it didn't end well ? (might improve my dancing though)

• J
    Beginner March 2017
    James_12345 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldnt touch primark with a bargepole.

their child sweatshops paying kids 60p a day is just horrifying.

If you dont mind funding forced child labour then thats on you, but i wouldnt like my money to go to the company when they are doing that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1028449/Exposed-Primarks-sweatshops-pay-children-just-60p-day.html

That coupled with their factory collapsing and killing loads of workers in bangladesh.....

yes they are cheap but thats because people are being abused. im sorry if its not "weddingy" or happy, but they are just the worst!

• L
    Beginner January 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeCakes380 ·
    • Hide content

I saw this competition on facebook to win a free crate and bundle of flip flops,

I got mine from here and they were amazing, we had a personalised sign, they were perfect!!!

be quick though, closing date is close!!

Win Free Wedding Flip Flops

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the tip! I've just entered x

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

Oooh! Flip flops - definitely want to do this! My heels were killing me at the last wedding I went to and I'd have killed for a pair... It's a long day in heels! So if you're in two minds, my vote is def go for it! Or cheap ballet pumps, but FFs are probably more affordable plus sizing would be an issue! Yeh, I can't imagine men using them

I'm marrying at a beach so the flip flops can be useful twice - Hooray!

Do we have to turn this into another political thread or can we just agree that we love flip flops?!

• L
    Beginner January 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeCakes380 ·
    • Hide content

Competition ends today!!!

get your entries in quick!!

• E
    Beginner May 2017
    ExpensivePinkConfetti273 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

i saw the company that sell them at a wedding fair, but I have managed to do it much cheaper myself.

I got the flip flops from eBay 90p a pair and packs of 10 shoe bags from eBay for £4 and some coloured ribbon the colour of the bridesmaid dress to tie them.

Ebay also sell quirky signs for the baskets.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics