Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner April 2018

Wedding flowers delivered from the supermarket

ExpensiveBrownCakes789, 10 of January of 2018 at 22:35 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi Brides,

3 months to go for me! ?

I am planning to have a little bit of flowers in the church and of course in the reception venue.

I don't need a lot of them as I will be using other decoration lsuch as silk rose petals, candles etc.

In summary this is how much I would need:

CHURCH: 1 Big bouquet of flowers

VENUE: Flowers on 6 round tables (6 bunches) and 1 long table (3 bunches)

I am thinking to buy my wedding flowers from the supermarket. The flowers can be pre-ordered online and delivered from such shops as Waitrose, M&S etc. Do you see any obstacles in either getting the flowers delivered home a day before the wedding or driving to the supermarket and purchasing them myself a day before the wedding?

I would only need about 10 bouquets of flowers. Why can't I just order them online?

I am thinking to order a bridal bouqet and buttonholes from a local florist.

I believe this would save me tons of money and it would still be beautiful. It appears nobody has done this before as I can't find any information in forums and generally online.

Do you think it would work?

2 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePurpleCars47773, 1 of February of 2018 at 18:20
  • H
    Beginner July 2019
    HappyIvoryCars11074 ·
    • Hide content

I think this sounds like a good idea, as long as you are the kind of person who likes organising things and does not get stressed out near an event.

What if the wrong flowers arrive and you have to figure out a last-minute change? Have you allocated yourself enough time to set up the flowers? On the day, will you be trying to set up the flowers, and fold the napkins into creative shapes, and supervise the table layout, and getting your hair done etc...?

I don't mean to dismiss your idea, I'm just saying that deep down you know whether you can handle it. I'm a pretty relaxed person and am not really strict on how I want my wedding to look, so could do your idea and just go with the flow. But lots of people want to have their minds on other things the day before / during their wedding, so would just end up stressed. You know which you would be!

• C
    Beginner October 2018
    carleyemma ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I'm going to be using M&S Flowers as they have some packages that are exactly what I need. I do know that with M&S Flowers you can only order them 3 weeks in advance and I'm planning on picking them up the day before the wedding and seeing if the hotel we're getting married at can keep them nice.

• E
    Beginner August 2019
    ExpensivePurpleCars47773 ·
    • Hide content

I plan on growing most of my own flowers but will be supplementing with flowers from a supermarket. The only thing I think I will get from a florist is my bouquet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics