Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2015

Wedding Food Tasting??

stephers01, 17 of February of 2015 at 15:49 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi everyone!
Could you give me details about your wedding food tasting experience please?

How long before your wedding are you going?
Do they tell you the date and time to come?
Is it free?
How many things do you get to taste each?
Do you choose wine as well?

Thanks in advance xxx

8 replies

Latest activity by stephers01, 18 of February of 2015 at 08:35
  • F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

I'm guessing it would depend on the individual venue, but for mine we've got our menu tasting booked for early March, wedding is in September. Reason why it's this early is because we are giving guests a choice per course and the options need to go on the invitations hopefully going out in April. We booked a date and time with the wedding coordinator, the tasting is complimentary for the bride and groom with a fee for any additional guests, wine is included. Set up like a 3 course meal, reflecting the same arrangement for the wedding.

Have a chat with your venue to see what they normally do - they'll tell you everything you need to know. Venues can vary greatly in what they offer, for example an outside caterer may offer you the chance to sample a wide range of food.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

We had ours late October for our April 2015 wedding. We had a try of 2 red and 2 white wines and the prosecco. We didn't have to pay.

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

I had mine early December for our november wedding. we didn't have to pay. We didn't try wines but we are buying that our selves.

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

We went two weeks ago

i enquired as to when we could book in for it, they offered me dates and told me times.

ours was free.

We told them what our menu choices were and they cooked them (we both had the same but some couples we saw tried one meal each, so two mains in total)

Wine tasting was part of it for us.

every venue is different though so just give them a call Smiley smile

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

We decided not to have one. The venue wanted to charge us £180 and we both had to have the same meal, if we wanted different courses it was £20+VAT per course.

We also had to go tuesday-thursday at 3pm. If we had of gone we would have sampled the wine also, but given neither of us drink wine it would have been a bit of a waste.

Instead this Sunday we went to the attached restaurant with my parents (our wine guinea pigs!) and had dinner there to choose try the things we were thinking of having. For the 4 of us it was still cheaper than a tasting!

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    Milly_Bride ·
    • Hide content

We are going next month - wedding is in September, mainly because I love food and want to try what we're having! We get to pick and try all the options we want for our afternoon tea, but it's costing £25 each.

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

Oh it gets better, thats the discounted price! normally its £240 plus VAT!! and you can't even have different meals.

We have come to the conclusion that thats a price they charge to discourage people!

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!
    Our venue has been in touch I've just been very disappointed with how they have gone about it.

A quick email like 'can you make food tasting on such a date?'
    No information, no times. Then I asked questions such as how many items do we taste, do we taste wine, can we bring my parents with us? Only to have one or two questions answered and to be told the only time left was 5.20 on a Monday evening. In the original email there was nothing about elotted time slots and the possibility they might get snapped up!

I just feel very disappointed with the customer service for a wedding that is going to be around £12000. And that's just for the venue and food.

I have mentioned how we wish to add canapés on and they haven't mentioned about us sampling any or even seeing what's on offer.

Maybe I'm asking too much? Am I? X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics