Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Wedding Gift for Husband-To-Be

Alipops1986, 22 of June of 2013 at 18:38 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello All,

So, with roughly 7 weeks to go I'm actually having to make decisions, which at this point doesn't seem to be my strong point. I've been mulling over what to buy my beloved for AGES but am no clearer about what to get.

Option 1 - personalised number plate, with the year we're getting married, both our initials including my new surname. However, about 8 months ago he randomly guessed this might be one of my ideas - no idea where that came from!?

Option 2 - Personalised converse trainers - with similar info to the personalised number plate idea.

I really want to genuinely surprise him but this is difficult, as in 3.5 years I've never really managed it! I don't really want to buy him a box of different items, i'd rather do one larger item.

All ideas welcome!

Alipops x

11 replies

Latest activity by Butterfly_Bride, 23 of June of 2013 at 14:26
  • Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't recommend a number plate, my oh got one for his 21st birthday and it costs a fortune!

Everytime you move it you have to pay, then if u sell ur car u have to pay to retain it too, and it lasts a year.

A lot of faf with it.

when my oh is back from his brothers stag do Monday I will update you on the costs.

i like the sound of the trainers more.. But would u not want something he can keep forever? Not just until the trainers wear out?

What hobbies does he have? Golf? Cars? Photography?

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely love the idea of a number plate - I have been shopping around for number plates for my beetle - it's fun looking at the different combinations you can get (perhaps I am just geeky like that)... but up front costs can start from £250 and go way into the thousands depending on the plate you are after. The transfer costs for the future are worth thinking about -but I know that I would love a personalised plate as a gift!!!

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Mrspetal. The number plate is a nice idea but will cost you lots in the long run and it will be a bit sad when he has to throw his trainers away (from experience mens worn trainers are not for keeping!)

I don't know if it's your kind of thing but I like this https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/louandco

I made my own though. I bought a raised frame from Debenhams, I printed on paper that I'd used for our invites, created a tag that is a large version of our place cards, used wire that I had used in the bouquets and some ribbon that I'm using on our favour jars. So even though it's not much it has a lot of meaning Smiley smile plus it says our wedding date so he'll never forget an anniversary. ('Antique' keys were 5 for a £10 from Poundland)

The picture isn't the one I made - it's from the website

• charli2050
    Beginner October 2013
    charli2050 ·
    • Hide content

Is your man a tattoo guy? That's what i'm doing for my husbands present. I have a design that incorporates our initials and he will get the voucher and picture of tat on the day. But I am thinking of booking him in for the day after our wedding. Also sending him a pair of socks in the morning of our wedding with the message: Just in case you get cold feet.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Boudoir shoot if you are confident enough. He won't complain at some kinky pictures of his wife!

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for the good ole engraved cuff links with the longitude and latitude of where we will say I do. Not origonal to me but I don't think he will have seen it before.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Again not original but I bought mine a watch

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning to do a boudoir shoot... In my wedding lingerie, veil and jimmy choos.

it will be his sneak peak with out the dress! I just wish I could get the photographer to capture look on his face when he opens it!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I did a boudoir shoot and I'm not sure my H has ever looked at the pictures after I gave them to him. Probably a waste of money in my case.

He prefers the personalised Monopoly set.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I'm going engraved watch, and then a mountain bike. He will treasure both Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner April 2013
    Butterfly_Bride ·
    • Hide content

I did a phito book for my hubby - he loved it I chose pics of us from start of relationship to the week before wedding. Simple and personal present and something to always keep. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics