Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ebarton24
Beginner May 2014

Wedding Gift from Bride to Groom and vice versa

ebarton24, 24 of June of 2013 at 12:17 Posted on Planning 0 27

Is anybody buying a gift for their future other half?

I was planning on doing so and told my other half this the other night and he was shocked and didn’t know about this...

Some friends did and some didn’t….don’t know what to do? i really want to get him a gift as I got an engagement ring from him! only think it’s fair! not expecting anything from him in return...HELP!

27 replies

Latest activity by Caitlyn, 28 of February of 2024 at 11:55
  • NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

A lovely thought and totally loving the idea of buying him something on honeymoon like a skydive or something?! How memorable would that be?!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I think he's getting me a locket.

I have got him an engraved watch.

A surprise at the wedding is a mountain bike.

A surprise on the honeymoon is a stack of sexy undies and accessories...

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Im making a journal full of pics of our lives together and a watch.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

My H got me a beautiful locket with a photo of himself in and I made him a 'goodie bag' that had a soppy letter, bottle of whiskey, cigar and Mr Perfect mug in.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I got him a few token things like a fat cigar, drams of whisky, cufflinks etc and was expecting token gifts from him. He got me a beautiful diamond and sapphire necklace though so that was nice!

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

I've just ordered half of mine! A personalised apron and a hip flask. To get yet is a nice pair of pants (so he doesn't lose his balls) but I feel a bit pervy buying them online on my works PC so that's a job for tonight!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Nope! Nothing. Neither of us can tolerate generic 'gift' stuff (we usually buy joint Xmas presents!), and we can't afford anything decent, so we're not going to bother.

I did a quick straw poll of my friends who are married, and none of them did either. I didn't even think you were supposed to until I came on this forum!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

H2B spoiled me rotten with my ring! I want him to feel treated too. Though his gifts from me pale in comparison.

He expects nothing, I want to spoil him. I want to blow his mind. I want to give him the best day of his life!!

• LoveBug1950
    Beginner May 2015
    LoveBug1950 ·
    • Hide content

I won't be getting my h2b a gift. He would not have a clue that he was to get one for me, then he would feel guilty about me getting him something and not having anything in return. I don't have an engagement ring so if he does buy me one I will get him a gift!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

In fairness, I did do this. You're right- I got a ring, it wasn't fair for him to have nowt! So I got him a watch.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

This

with a tag that says ' it's dangerous to go alone, here take this' might get the best man to give it too him

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'll be driving up to Stamford to pick up a watch he spied a few months ago. Probably do cufflinks too. I need to start stockpiling soon to spread the cost. Maybe buy a little present each month until the wedding?

• NicolaParker2014
    Beginner May 2024 Bristol
    NicolaParker2014 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding day surprise is that I've booked him a car to arrive in, us girls get one and he wasn't too excited about the cost of three so I've booked one for him. Will probably get a present for him to open too maybe personalised cufflinks with the date of the wedding or something

• NicolaParker2014
    Beginner May 2024 Bristol
    NicolaParker2014 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding day surprise is that I've booked him a car to arrive in, us girls get one and he wasn't too excited about the cost of three so I've booked one for him. Will probably get a present for him to open too maybe personalised cufflinks with the date of the wedding or something

• K
    Beginner August 2015
    kimani ·
    • Hide content

I am getting my groom a present, a photo book for the morning to express my love to him and I'm thinking of some thing from red letter day so he can have a great day with his mates when he gets back from honeymoon.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Im getting him cuff links with a photo of his late Nan on them x

• SaraPoppy
    Dedicated July 2020
    SaraPoppy ·
    • Hide content

I'm buying my fiancé a new aftershave and he's getting me a new perfume. That way the scent will always remind us of our wedding day :-) I'm also planning to do a boudoir shoot if I shift the last 5lbs of baby weight!

• alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
    Rockstar November 2014
    alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I've done a boudoir shoot OH will get the night before the wedding and going to do him a little groom box I think with a letter.

He was oblivious to getting me a gift so I told him to choose me some perfume I can wear on the day to be reminded xx

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

My H2B was horrified as well "we're paying for a wedding! and marrying each other!"

However I am a very giving person and always picking things up for him so wedding will be no different, and like OP said, he does get the W2B a ring.... Smiley winking

I'm doing a photobook with a poem i've written across the pages, along with a posh engraved whisky glass as he lvoes whisky

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Fruity, where are you getting the whisky glass from I can't seem to find a nice one for oh?

I'm also getting him some poss Jack Daniels and a few other bits, when I think of them! I was considering a couple of tickets to Download but they're so expensive ☹️

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Woah, super old thread alert.

I'm getting him some aftershave - I can't afford anything more. We're getting married on my birthday so I expect several presents!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine a whole bunch of stuff but it was also his 50th birthday! I think I would have done anyway though as I really wanted him to feel special ?

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know yet Bliss Balloons. i saw a shop in Stratford that does it. x

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Ooh fab thanks. I've just seen a reduced Darlington crystal one in Debenhams that could be a contender.

• E
    Beginner May 2015
    Em1986 ·
    • Hide content

I have bought mine some boxers and socks saying My Groom on them, some love hearts as he loves sweets, a book on how to be a good husband ;-)

A boudoir shoot...cufflinks, and a key ring with a map of Paris on one side (where we got engaged) and our home town on the other with the key to our new house on (we move in after the wedding)?

• M
    Beginner November 2015
    MissJag ·
    • Hide content

Yes I will be getting him something. He spent a fortune on my engagement ring then a few months later broke his watch so I bought him a new one as an engagement present (belated). I want to get him something for the wedding but not sure what yet. Liking some of the ideas here though.

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

Well apparently there is a golf tournament that he wants to go to a couple of weeks after the wedding so I might pay for that. Won't be a surprise though. If I get anything else it'll be a token gift.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics