Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2011

Wedding Gift From Me To Husband 2 B :-)

Mrs Poon, 10 of March of 2011 at 12:20 Posted on Planning 0 30

Hi There,

I want to get my H2B a card and gift to open on the morning of our wedding.

I already have a lovely poem to put inside the card but would like to get him something keepsake.

Can anyone give me an idea. I have looked on lots of websites but not impressed.

I did think about getting a links of london friendship braclet each but at £125.00 each think thats rather OTT and don't think he would wear it either.

I know our gifts to each other will be our rings but would really like to get him something extra.

Any and all ideas welcome thank you x

30 replies

Latest activity by karen945, 10 of March of 2011 at 19:29
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I am getting a boudoir shoot done secretly, and having the photos put in a little album for him! Then he can always look at them to remind himself what I looked like when we got married... before we have kids and grow old Smiley winking

• S
    Beginner August 2011
    shani14 ·
    • Hide content

I have ordered this from Debbie Graham HIB. I love it!!! I am putting a photo of the church instead of a map.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

@ Shani - I so want one of those! I am secretly hoping OH will read my mind and purchase one as a wedding present for me. (I have shown him the website to help him on his way but unless I wrote GET ME THIS it's unlikely he will!).

I will be purchasing a watch which I will be getting engraved with a soppy message on it. Something like "There isn't a second I don't love you" ?.

I've also made him a little pack of gifts, which I really should pull together soon - a "name a star" certificate, some groom socks, my own version of the beautiful grooms journal (which I must get on and finish!), a box of his fave cerials and fave Whiskey, plus a "Don't for Grooms" book. I am sure there will be more.

• S
    Beginner August 2011
    shani14 ·
    • Hide content

He he Kayl! I am the same, must be the military husbands, useless at mind reading!!

I got it so we can put it somewhere in our quarter and can always look at it.

Should be delivered this week, so excited!! x

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

That's exactly what I said to him - it will be lovely to see it hanging in our Kitchen as we return from honeymoon into our first place together. Sadly his response was something like "You can do whatever you want deae" - Thanks!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

I got my hubby these and he loved them and thought it was a fab idea! and he wears cufflinks all the time for work

1st one - where we got married

2nd one - honeymoon

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Ashlil - I love those! Where are they from? We got engaged abroad and we're getting married abroad, so these would be perfect!

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

FutureMrsJ this is exactly what I was thinking about but am so scared! What company have you booked through if you don't mind me asking?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Boudoir by Cameo. It's in London. I booked it through a Groupon deal so it was much cheaper than normal though Smiley laugh A lot of ladies use FYEO and apparently they are very good, if a little pricey. I believe some wedding togs also offer a boudoir photography service.

• A
    Beginner April 2011
    arnold2b ·
    • Hide content

I am getting mine a watch, seeing as he has been hinting, very unsubtly for nearly 2 years thats what he'd like I'd better do it! lol.

Kayl, i totally love your ideas though, I am having the date in roman numerals engraved, but i may pinch some of your ideas like your engraving, and put it as a message inside the box. Your goodie bag for him is also a really good idea, it has got me thinking! A bottle of bud and some crunchy nut cornflakes would go down an absolute treat for him!

• Debbie Graham Jewellery
    Debbie Graham Jewellery ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the mention Shani, I am just on my way to post office with your parcel!!! The box is quite big & packed with LOTS of packing peanuts, so hope you have fun opening it.

Debbie

x

• Jayned
    Beginner May 2001
    Jayned ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

I design & make stationery including cards for bride & groom on wedding day and have also made a few photo albums for grooms in which brides can add photos of them and their H2B throughout the years they've been together

www.puddycards.co.uk

I offer a free bespoke design service

if I can help at all please feel free to email me

Jayne

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I've done an FYEO boudoir shoot (yes, even at my advanced age) and have also got H2B a personalised Monopoly set - made by the actual monopoly people, but the streets are all replaced with places that mean something to us. My house is on Mayfair and the stations are where we got engaged, our church, reception and honeymoon venues!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

@ Arnold.... OH will be getting stuff I wouldn't usually buy as it's too expensive. His cerials are about £8 and his Whiskey about £45 for a small bottle (the man has expensive taste!!):

and

Going to make a fab breakfast combo I feel. ?

• Mrsmcd2b
    Beginner June 2011
    Mrsmcd2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my h2b would LOVE this monopoly set, can I ask where you got it from please?

Thanks x

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

How funny im just in middle of sorting hubby to be's out! Im making a mini hamper of goodies as dont have mega loads of money to spare. So far iv got a black tshirt saying 'under new management' to wear the next day, love it! A diy beautiful groom journal, groom socks, and putting in mints, tissues, beer, snacks, card. Can you think of anything else? xxx

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

@ Shelly - I also have the T-shirt (mine has a ball and chain as well as "under new management" ?)

I don't know your OH but will be get nervous? Mine will - i'll be popping in some Rescue Remedy and some Tummy Settlers too.

I also have a handwritten letter to be given to him while he waits for me at the altar.

• F
    Beginner May 2011
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I am having a Boudior photo shoot done next weekend for my H2B.. he wouldn't wear a watch as his job is very hands on.. I looked at FYEO but they were so expensive I actually decided to go with a photographer I found on here!!!?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When he gets handed this and starts reading it while waiting on you, wouldn't it be funny if he said "oh, she's not coming" ?

Possibly not, I may just have a strange sense of humour ?

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Amnesia Custard, have found the monopoly website, but there are no prices- do mind saying how much it cost?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Well, I am laughing now. But don't think OH would on the day. ?. He is going to be so nervous bles him - I couldn't be that mean.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I meant if your OH read the lovely letter, but then turned to, for instance, his best man and said "she's not coming"...just for a split second...

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I may add that instrcution as a "ps" to the letter. It would all be caught on video too! ?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be hilarious ?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Poor Best Man.

Just hope my Mom doesn't hear him say it else it could get interesting ?

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I got it from www.firebox.co.uk and it was £80. (slight gulp as it is only Monopoly, but it is completely original to us)

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that is a fair price. It is a lovely momento as your life as a couple.

I am thinking I may get one as an anniversary present though, rather than for him on the day... not sure though... do love the idea.

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

I have ordered a book from vista print to do a beautiful groom journal, i thought about splashing out and buying one but i didn't like all of the questions in it so I'm going to attempt to make my own!!

And I have just read the above and ordered the t-shirt with the ball and chain and added 'under new management' to it....hope you dont mind girls??

I was going to write 'Property of mrs xxxxx' but just didn't look right!

Sure I will want to get him more so will keep an eye on this thread.

• lollytrollydolly
    Beginner June 2012
    lollytrollydolly ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

i was just wondering abouts you can get this photo shoots from?

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

I love the monopoly idea as an anniversary present for the first year (It is paper).

The TOG I've got for the day does Boudoir as well. I'm just wondering if I can get up enough bottle to do it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics