Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner February 2014

wedding gifts for Mums

starbright, 27 January, 2013 at 14:31 Posted on Planning 0 5

HI All,

just wondering what gifts people are getting for their mums and mum in laws to be

and of the back of that, do u have to buy a gift for mother in law??? may sound strange, but just wondering as my mum is very involved with my wedding, coming to all the meetings and wedding shows, and my mum in law to be is not, i have tried to tell her things like where we are getting married etc, but she really does not show a massive interest, so just not sure what i should do

5 replies

Latest activity by MrsA2B2014, 28 January, 2013 at 08:51
  • S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

We'll probably get both Mum's some flowers but I want to get my mum some theatre tokens to as they are making a hefty financial contribution. My mum and dad like to take themselves off to a West End show every once in a while.

• totherfox
    Beginner August 2014
    totherfox ·
    • Hide content

My mum - Gin and flowers

Her mum - Vodka and official permission to get changed into jeans & a t-shirt after the meal**

** Deadly serious - I'm going to get it embossed on a card and everything.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

We got parents photo albums which we filled after the wedding and the mum's flowers. Despite her not being remotely interested I felt we should get MIL flowers too.

How about jewellery for the mums? Lots of ideas on www.louloubelle.co.uk and the colour could be co-ordinated with their outfits.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

We will take the parents for champagne and lunch after our pre-wedding, and a verbal, mid-toast thank you. My mum isn't doing much and is quite sniffy so that will do for her. My mum-in-law-to-be is trying to help loads and is so supportive and lovely so we think we'll buy a little piece of art we think she'll treasure and it will be a permanent reminder of the day, and of our gratitude.

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Me, my Mum and MIL2B will all be flying out to the venue beforehand and I plan to get some canvas bags and fabric paint 'Mother of The Bride' and 'Mother of The Groom' on them for their hand luggage. Will probably take them for afternoon tea when we get home.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics