Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sophiehannah
Savvy June 2023 Cheshire

Wedding guest help

Sophiehannah, 23 of September of 2021 at 19:03 Posted on Planning 0 2
I really need some help and advice in regards to plus ones🙈 i am so stressed about it.
We have a 50 guest wedding package at our venue so wanting to try and stick to this for the day because any extra we add costs £40 per person for added day guest but only £12.50 for evening guests.
How does the rule work for plus ones? I want to invite my cousins, which have partners i have never met.....do i invite them to the day? Or to the evening only? It's so difficult because we have our 50 guests now this isn't including certain plus ones. So if we do invite thier partners etc we will have to pay £40 extra per person. It's so hard to decide what to do, i don't want to upset people but i also don't want people at my wedding who i have never met before and know nothing about.

2 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 27 of September of 2021 at 16:19
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We had a rule that we didn't invite anyone that neither of us had met (as much as possible, we only invited people we had both met, but that didn't work for a couple of very close friends who lived abroad).

Either your cousins' partners are fairly new partners or you don't actually see your cousins very often. If it's the first, then don't invite the partners. If it's the second, then why are you inviting the cousins in the first place?

In general, I think the 'no ring no bring' rule is good. Obviously, it has to be adjusted if you have long-term couples who aren't getting engaged or married, but the guiding principle of only inviting long term partners remains the same.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We have the same, 4 of our single friends have all now got partners! We have said right now they are not invited, but if we get drop outs then we will consider it if they are still together nearer the time and we will hopefully have met them by then. We have a 50 person package so it is handy to have reserves if people decline so you are not paying for empty seats. We have done similar and said partners can come to the evening, in your case, this is acceptable as your cousins will know others at the wedding so is not likely they will be on their own. Only one of my close friends is bringing her new partner who we have yet to meet, purely because I want her there and she doesn't know anyone else. It may be awkward but it is your choice so people should respect that but be prepared some people may decline, which is where your back up list comes in, just be careful on who you then allow to bring partners if you don't have enough for all of them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics