Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NYE_Bride
Beginner December 2015

Wedding guest hotel room welcome bags

NYE_Bride, 6 of July of 2015 at 09:54 Posted on Planning 1 7

Hi everyone,

I am going to put together a welcome bag for each hotel room and am looking for some ideas and inspiration for what to include. I have checked with the venue and they are happy to put them in the rooms so that when the guests arrive they are there waiting. Some guests are staying two nights, others the night of the wedding only.

From having a look around on the site and the internet, so far I have:

• itinerary of the day
  • thank you card which the groom and I will write to them so each one will be different depending on which guests it is too
  • something to remember my mum who isn't here, so a photo with a little note asking them to join me outside at 12.15am to raise a toast and let the hellium balloons off, some of her favourite sweets, a cancer UK key ring or similar
  • hangover kit
  • personalised door hanger 'we partied the night away with the new Mr & Mrs do not disturb' or similar
  • gift if appropriate - for example bridesmaid, or those who have contributed to the wedding

I think that is enough potentially but just wondered if anyone had any ideas for any other little touches?

7 replies

Latest activity by NYE_Bride, 7 of July of 2015 at 19:55
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We're doing welcome packs too as we have all our guests staying with us in a hired house for the weekend. We have chosen to include things like shampoos and shower gel, hairspray, toothpaste, paracetemol- little things that they may forget. Our wedding is tiny though (14 guests total) so it's not too prohibitive cost wise for us.

I've seen little hot chocolate cones used before as well and thought they were nice. Great if guests have a kettle in their room too.

Photos from pinterest

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

Hadn't even thought of this! Although most of the things you have mentioned we are already doing just at different points!

How many of your guests are staying over? Do you have exclusive use? Just thinking of the logistics of getting the gifts to the correct rooms!

xXx

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

I like the look of the hot chocolate cones. The hotel already put things into the room like tea/coffee etc so I was going to steer clear of those.

We have exclusive use and there are 32 bedrooms in total. We have about 12 rooms booked for the night before at the moment. I am planning on doing one bag per room rather than per guest. The venue were very encouraging about it and said it would be no problem. I guess as I am selecting the rooms for each guest I will be able to add a label saying which room they are each for.

• Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

Can I just say, helium balloons are pretty bad for the environment. Like the cancer UK key ring though. Not that I'm doing that for our guests, it's just another excuse that no one will expect, or indeed really need

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I think its a lovely idea. I dont think you 'need' anymore, but because I love cooking, I'd bake some biscuits/sweets/fudge etc and put them in a little plastic bag with a ribbon.

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is it the helium balloons that you are objecting to or just the sending them up to the sky part?

I'm not even sure how we started it now but in the family it was always something that we did if we had a balloon or two, send them up to heaven for nan, or grandad or now mum. It probably started as a way of my mum making us feel better when we accidentally let go of a balloon as children and it sailed up to the sky!

I'll be honest, if they only things that I decided to do for my wedding were things that people actually need then we would be walking up to the registry office and heading off to work afterwards lol! But I am really enjoying adding some little touches that guests will appreciate. I love entertaining and making everyone feel welcome and appreciated and this is just an extension of that really.

• Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

I like the idea of it, my mum died when I was 21 and my dad when I was 27 so I'm always thinking of ways I could honour them. My mum died in Marie curie so instead of present ( we don't need anything) I shall ask people to donate to them if they really want to. I'm not some environmental freak but I've seen a few articles about damage they do to wildlife once they deflate, they've got to land somewhere so I guess it's like throwing a giant crisp packet away? Pretty sure those lanterns have been banned from few places now for same reason

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

Yes I knew about the lanterns not being allowed, didn't know about dangers of balloons though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics