Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N

Wedding guest list

Njb0002, 7 of September of 2017 at 19:34 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

My son is 23 and I try not to meddle in his choices. Him and his fiancé are planning a wedding. They met 5 months ago. The are finalizing a guest list. We have such a small family, me, his brother (who was not asked to be best man),his two sisters and only 7 family members unless you count third cousins and we are not. One family member has been like a sister to me my whole life and like the best aunt ever to him. She is very polite and etiquette following. But his fiancé wants to invite everyone in this family of 11 people except her. Even her parents are to be invited. There are no hostilities. And also she is planning to invite over 100 of her family and friends. Is it wrong for me to not participate if she is not invited? We are such a close knit family and to exclude one? His fiancé is a very jealous person and my cousin is very pretty, but that doesn't make sense. Please ideas!!!!

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticYellowHair891, 12 of September of 2017 at 23:21
  • S
    Beginner August 2018
    SunnyBrownBride808 ·
    • Hide content

Have you asked your son if he was planning on putting her on the guestlist He may have just forgotten? If not then just leave them to it, it's their wedding so it's up to them who they invite. Would you honestly want to miss your sons wedding over this? I do understand it's hurtful for you for your cousin not to be invited but if they have both decided not to invite her you need to respect their decision ?

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Have a chat with your son and point out that the family member was excluded. If it's intentional, ask why. If it's not intentional, ask him to rectify it.

Is it wrong for me to not participate if she is not invited?

Well, it's not "wrong" - but you won't win many friends (including your son and future DIL) if you go down this route. It's not your wedding, and you don't control the guest list. So, staging a protest like this will only make you look bad.

If you don't want drama, don't create/participate in the drama.

• R
    RomanticYellowHair891 ·
    • Hide content

Exactly! Talk to him

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics