Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pinkboo
Beginner March 2014

Wedding Guest Quiz Ideas?

Pinkboo, 27 of September of 2013 at 13:56 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hey!

Need some advice on a little quiz I want to do for my Wedding. I'm wanting to put picture frames on each table with a "getting to know you" quiz on about the other guests on the table. I'm hoping it will help break the ice and cause amusement for the guests, most of our family and friends haven't met before so want to make it as relaxed and easy as possible for everyone to chat and be merry. I'm going to put a small quiz sheet in all invitations for guests to fill out and send back with their RSVP's, but am in need of some inspiration for silly/amusing/interesting questions to ask.....Any ideas? The sillier the better Smiley laugh

I'm thinking along the lines of

"Who was your imaginary friend as a child", "What is the most embarrassing record that you own", "Who would play you in a Hollywood movie of your life", "If you were a Superhero, who would you be" etc.

11 replies

Latest activity by MrsOh, 7 of October of 2013 at 11:05
  • H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

That sounds fun! Our tables are nearly all going to know each other so I'm not doing that, but I am thinking of having a quiz on the bride&groom for all tables to participate in. Winning table gets some bubbly or something.

Hmm questions for your idea...

what was your childhood nickname?

what was the first album you ever bought?

whats your food heaven and food hell?

I'll keep thinking...

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

I find it cringe-y too, I can talk to anyone (seriously I never shut up) but if you put me on the spot like that I freeze and just giggle like a looney because I could only answer like 2 of them and wouldn't know what to say (never had an imaginary friend, dont like superheros etc...) and out of the ones I could for example - my nickname is still the same so if ive already been introduced they will already know it as its just short for my name

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

Just as a heads up, we asked for people to choose a song they would like to hear at the disco and only about half our guests bothered to write one down. I’m not sure you’ll get enough information to make a decent quiz.

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

No idea why that is tiny!

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

Maybe instead of asking questions on the invites, just have questions on a few cards on the table that everyone at the table answers. I think whether this works or not depends on the guests really. If they're not likely to engage naturally it's probably a nice idea to get people talking. I'm quite happy to talk to perfect strangers and get to know a bit about them, it's a key part of my profession so I find it easy, but some people do find that sort of thing difficult so an icebreaker like that is a nice idea.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I saw something similar at a recent wedding. The bride had asked for everyone to give a fact about themselves.... some were really bizarre..... and on their tables they had to work out which fact belonged to which guest. They included things like 'sat in a bath of gravy for charity' and 'has to carry four leaf charm to get on a plane' 'fell sleep on a train and ended up in Dublin'. It had an amazing effect and the room was literally buzzing with chatter and laughter.

Another one is name the baby....all 'babies' were in the wedding party.

I can understand people not giving a favourite song....some people are happy to dance to anything and some people just don't dance anyway so have no interest in the music.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I'd probably avoid it, personally. Happy to chat and get to know people. I'd be more likely to play games with people I already know.

• Pinkboo
    Beginner March 2014
    Pinkboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is exactly what I would hope to achieve. We are going to have a big chunk of friends there who live nearby who know each other, then smaller amounts of family and friends from different times in our lives who have never met. I've been to weddings in the past with simular situations/guest dynamics where there's been a massive divide/cliques. I'm just trying to introduce a bit of silliness that could help relax everyone and get a bit of laugh out of it. I think that most, if not all of our guests would be amused by it and not horrified/embarrassed by it. My OH and I are both (very silly) big kids and we're working to create an informal, fun, relaxed day (far from traditional/elegant) - and I'm sure that'd be no surprise to anyone who knows us Smiley smile

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I always say.... a bride knows her guests.... and I've never been proved wrong. The guests at the weddings I mentioned were all up for it and got very involved. If you are a little quirky, you're guests will probably be a tad disappointed if there isn't something 'out of the ordinary'.

My daughter is very quirky. After the ceremony guests were saying that they were surprised at the 'normal' choice of music..... and then they breathed a sigh of relief when her final song kicked in and it was a wild rock version of the wedding march!

• Wedding DJ
    Wedding DJ ·
    • Hide content

Ask who is the best driver, who controls the remote control, ask where did they first meet to stimulationa bit of conversation

• MrsOh
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsOh ·
    • Hide content

I agree with scully, always wanted to get out of those getting to know you sessions through university too... Always felt boring/got embarrassed.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics