Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner July 2024 South West London

Wedding guests- chasing missing Rsvps or not

Ele, 19 of May of 2024 at 18:46 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Hi everyone,
we are getting married in just over 8 weeks and I am still waiting for a reply from 2 friends and their +1.
We have known each other for a very long time but we have lost contact in the past few years, for no particular reasons, just life coming in between. I sent them an invite in January with rsvp date 31/03, I got a message from them right after thanking me for the invite and showing their excitement for the wedding etc and they told me they'd check their schedules and get back to me. I sent another reminder in April but got no reply. Would you chase them again or just leave it and take it as a no?

2 replies

Latest activity by Ele, 23 of May of 2024 at 16:53
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it would hurt to send another reminder - you don't want the awkwardness of them turning up because they think they've RSVP'd when they haven't. To be on the safe side, I would set a short deadline and make it clear that no response will be taken as them declining. For example, "Hi, we really need to know numbers by x date, so can you let us know whether or not you are coming? If we don't hear from you by x date, we will assume you are NOT able to join us." Yes, people shouldn't need to be chased, but it's easy for something to be overlooked. We had one person who thought they had RSVPd to us when they hadn't!

• E
    Beginner July 2024 South West London
    Ele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the advice and for taking the time to reply!😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics