Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2017

Wedding hair/ make up costs

LuxuriousRedConfetti412, 14 of October of 2015 at 11:21 Posted on Planning 0 17

So far I've had 1 quote for hair and 1 quote for make up. Both quotes are of high recommended people.

I've been quoted £490 for make up for bride, 2 bridesmaids and mother of the bride, including a trial for the bride. I've been quoted £60 for brides hair £30 for trial £35 for bridesmaids hair and £25 for their trial. I am in the east Midlands.

Are these prices average or high? What are you paying for yours?

17 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 20 of February of 2024 at 15:25
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

490.00 for what is essentially 5 seems expensive. Not that I am having it done or have any idea of prices lol just seemed a shock to me.

Where abouts in the country are you. Then people can compare for you easier.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

I'm based in Dorset and have decided to go with the venue's recommended MUA and hair. For a make up and hair trial for me, and then hair and make up for me and my one bridesmaid on the day it will be £340.

It is quite expensive in comparison to other people I've looked at online, but I met the them at a fair the other weekend and seem really happy and friendly. They come to me on the morning and it just saves the hassle of me having to go to a nearby hairdresser.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

As a photographer, my experience is that it's best to have a combined hair & makeup service, rather than booking two suppliers individually. (You may have two people but book them on a single contract working together so neither can blame the other if they get behind)

I think it's important to have someone good as the hair/MUA is a key supplier and has an impact on your photographs and on the timing of your day.

I'd expect to pay about £300+ for bride & 2 bridesmaids.

I had a bride this summer who was late for her wedding due to her hairdresser being late into the salon.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying £371 for hair and make up for me, my 3 bridesmaids and travel to my Mum's house. A trial will be extra though.

• R
    Beginner December 2015
    RomanticEmeralds ·
    • Hide content

Not sure about hair costs yet but my MUA has quoted £100 for me (£30 for trial and £70 for the day) plus £35 each for MOB, BM etc

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    kay_ ·
    • Hide content

If I have mine done by the venue, it will be around the £600 mark for me, 2 x bridesmaids and MOB & MOG, with just a trial for me. I'm in the south east, in Berkshire.

So as a break down:

HAIR
    Bride trial: £50
    Bride on the day: from £80-120
    Bridesmaids on the day: £50 x 2
    MOB/MOG: £50 x 2

MAKE UP
    Bridal trial: £50
    Bride on the day: from £75
    Bridesmaids on the day: from £55 x 2
    MOB/MOG: £50 x 2

Total: from £615

I have a make up artist friend who might do it though, but she's travelling at the moment and I can't get in touch with her :/ Bit of an ongoing dilemma. Hoping she's back soon so I can see what she would charge me.

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

I'm in Hertfordshire and my normal hair salon offers this so they will come to the house on the morning of the wedding (it also includes a hair and makeup trial for myself) and they are charging £650 for me, 4 bridesmaids and my mum.

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

Mine is £380 this is for me, 3 bridesmaids and mother of the bride which is airbrush make up doesn't include hair. I also had a trial in with that. I'm from the south east.

I'm only paying about £70-100 for hair for me and my 3 bridesmaids. I also had a free trial. It's cheaper because of its a friend of my bridesmaid who does does do wedding hair.

• jadeee
    Beginner June 2016
    jadeee ·
    • Hide content

I'm based in the East Midlands (Leicester) for a trial & hair & makeup on the day for myself & my 3 bridesmaids the total is £475.00 ?

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the South East, I went with 2 separate suppliers as they are both brilliant in their fields. MU cost £50 for my trial, then £80 on the day and £50 for MOB (my BM was happy to do her own MU). Hair cost £25 for a trial and then £130 on the day for me, MOB and BM.

I was thrilled with how all our hair and MU turned out, I would say I preferred to pay a little bit more to be so happy on the day, it was totally worth it. My costs were kept down by the fact I had only 1 BM!

• J
    Beginner December 2015
    JennyPackhamBride ·
    • Hide content

I am East midds also, me, plus 4 others is £400 for make up (includes trial for me). My normal hairdressers are doing my hair, they quote £60ph and will be with us for 3, (1hr for me 30mins rest) so that's £180.

• L
    Beginner September 2017
    LuxuriousRedConfetti412 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replys looks like we're quoted on the high end. Will look round at others in the area and see if there is anyone I love as much.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Ok so mine is as follows:

Hair

Trial - £80

My hair on the day £150

Bridesmaids £75

MoB blow dry £45 or hair up £75

Make-up

Trial - £95

My makeup on the day £120 (I've already paid a £50 deposit which will bring this to £70)

Bridesmaids £50

MoB etc £50

I'm based in Surrey

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the East Mids as well Smiley smile Haven't got a formal quote yet but I plan to use my normal hairdressers, we have to go to them but they really go the extra mile in the salon for weddings so I don't mind. Maximum I've ever paid is £48 for a cut & colour so I wouldn't expect styling to much more on top but I know wedding hair is different so we'll see!! Interestingly I hadn't thought about accounting for bridesmaids & MOB/G as well, doh!!

Make up for me will be a bit of a conundrum! I've developed an allergy to most make up so unless I can find a make up artist that uses BareMinerals I'm on my own on that one!

• L
    Beginner
    LuxuriousOrangeDecor61808 ·
    • Hide content

Hey there! I did my research and asked a lot of friends about the prices for bridal hair and makeup, but unfortunately for me, these prices are way high, so I decided to do both my hair and makeup myself. Earlier this year I started following a lot of beauty blogs, and I read about this amazing straightening brush in this post that I got from amazon. My hair looks like I paid a fortune to a beauty salon.

• L
    Beginner
    • Hide content

Hey there! I did my research and asked a lot of friends about the prices for bridal hair and makeup, but unfortunately for me, these prices are way high, so I decided to do both my hair and makeup myself. Earlier this year I started following a lot of beauty blogs, and I read about this amazing straightening brush in this post that I got from amazon. My hair looks like I paid a fortune to a beauty salon.

• L
    Beginner
    • Hide content

I know it's not easy to make a beautiful hairstyle, especially if you’re not a professional hairstylist but going to hair salons can cost you an arm and leg. However, using a good hot air brush you can easily accomplish it in no time at all. I use the Infiniti Pro brush myself but you can read this post to choose one that suits you best - https://mystraightener.com/instyler-straight-up-brush/

I love it coz it makes my hair look stunning and saves time.

• S
    Beginner March 2024 South Yorkshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I’m paying £250 for bridal hair and makeup and a trial. Does that seem reasonable?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics