Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

septemberbride2011
Beginner August 2011

Wedding hair & make-up abroad?

septemberbride2011, 11 July, 2011 at 17:15 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

Just wondering what you're having your hair like abroad? Are you going for the full veil and tiara or having a more casual look with a flower in the hair? Also are you having a make-up artist or taking your own make-up along and doing it yourself (so can do touch ups).

Would love to know as its only 7 weeks to go for me! x

3 replies

Latest activity by bec84, 17 July, 2011 at 00:13
  • Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Septemberbride

I am having both my hair and make up done by a professional. If i was getting married in this country I would probably do my own make up, but I don't want to risk looking shiny for the photos in the heat! I've managed to find a girl who does airbrush mac- which is supposed to last all day even in the heat. I'll probably take my own bits of mac makeup with me anyway so will have that for touch ups during the day if need be, but from what the girl told me I should only really need to re-apply on my lips as the rest should stay put all day and night.

Have you had any quotes from anyone to see how expensive it is?

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there! Think I'll be doing my own make up to save a few pennies. Not sure about hair yet, if I decide to have it down and loose and curled I'll do it myself but if I decide I want it up I'm going to have to find someone. If we go with the hotel that's top of our list at the mo they have their own full time hairdresser so won't be hard to organise but I suspect that will be very expensive ?

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

I did my own hair and makeup (well, with my mums help!) as I wanted to look natural on my wedding day, and I wear very little makeup on holiday anyway.

Only thing I wish looking back was that I got someone in to do my hair as It didnt stay how I wanted it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics